Double profile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Double profile

Does anybody know if the 4.2 software can measure a double profile callout.
    I have a profile of two radii with a tolerance of 4 to datum B and then right below it I have a tolerance of 2 with no datums. How can I measure this?

Any ideas??

No datums...?? Datums are required from what I just looked at.
    ~Josh~ Giles Rescue "Ut ceteri vivant"

Comment

If your not in legacy dimensioning you can do composite tolerancing.
      ~Josh~ Giles Rescue "Ut ceteri vivant"

Comment

The initial profile (to a datum) is FORM AND LOCATION. The second one is FORM ONLY. The 'entire' form can move up to 2mm off location (prof 4) BUT, they want the 'absolute' profile to be within 1mm to itself alone.
        sigpic
        Originally posted by AndersI
        I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

I was using the composite tolerancing and I can report the first profile, but the options under that are true position, concenticity, roundness and symmetry. Profile is not an option.

Comment

Originally posted by RSNICKER View Post
            I was using the composite tolerancing and I can report the first profile, but the options under that are true position, concenticity, roundness and symmetry. Profile is not an option.
            INSERT ~ DIMENSION ~ PROFILE is where you should be IF your print calls out profile as your OP stated.

Once there, dimension the profiles you checked twice, once FORM & LOCATION and once FORM ONLY, entering the correct datums for the F&L and marking the correct boxes for each.
            sigpic
            Originally posted by AndersI
            I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

Originally posted by matthew d. Hoedeman View Post
              insert ~ dimension ~ profile is where you should be if your print calls out profile as your op stated.

Once there, dimension the profiles you checked twice, once form & location and once form only, entering the correct datums for the f&l and marking the correct boxes for each.
              +1
              Lately, it occurs to me
              What a long, strange trip it's been.

2017 R1 (Offline programming)

Comment

We had this call out on lockheed Martin ~ The The form and location and then the form only. The form and location was profile with in .016 then the form only was profile within .007 within a 2 X 2 section. The later is used for distortion control. Lockheed contacted Hexagon (Wilcox) and it was not an algorithymn that was available however they were working on it and stated it would be available this year. The work around that we used is to create a feature set of the entire surface and report it as form and location .016 and then create sub sets that overlap the surface in 2 x 2 sections and then report them as .007 form only. Hope this helps.
                Last edited by Gary Fitzgerald; 06-19-2009, 07:17 AM.
                sigpicThanks a Millionth

Comment