true position on angle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• true position on angle

so i have a sketch of what im doing i need to find true position in x direction from my datum(1.849 dia) need help keeps giving bad numbers checking manually coming out good

sorry

so heres the sketch
    Attached Files

Comment

so what numbers are you getting?

Comment

Originally posted by j.gonzalez View Post
        so i have a sketch of what im doing i need to find true position in x direction from my datum(1.849 dia) need help keeps giving bad numbers checking manually coming out good
        True position of what?
        sigpic What's our Vector, Victor?

Comment

Originally posted by Otto Square View Post
          True position of what?
          true position of the c/l of the slot

Comment

Originally posted by Eric Hollenbeck View Post
            so what numbers are you getting?
            getting them off by .014 the angles when i dimension them the tolerance is +/- .5 and i am getting 120.345,119.848

Comment

Sorry, I don't quite understand what you are looking for without more info off the print and some of the code you are trying to use.

TP is diametrical, so it has two (or three) dimensions to it. If you are trying to measure one dimension (X), and are getting a TP error, it is probably the Y aspect that is messing with you.
              sigpic What's our Vector, Victor?

Comment

I understand what he wants but we really need to see the actual call outs and the datums.

Comment

Originally posted by Otto Square View Post
                  TP is diametrical, so it has two (or three) dimensions to it. If you are trying to measure one dimension (X), and are getting a TP error, it is probably the Y aspect that is messing with you.

TP isn't always diametrical and in this case may not be, especially for the top slot. Perhaps only the X direction is of interest.

I would rotate my origin to the nominal angle of each slot and use the location dimension to evaluate the axis of interest then use TP and expect numbers to be similar.

For more help we will need the contents of the feature control frame.

Eric

Comment

Originally posted by Eric Hollenbeck View Post
                    TP isn't always diametrical and in this case may not be, especially for the top slot. Perhaps only the X direction is of interest.

I would rotate my origin to the nominal angle of each slot and use the location dimension to evaluate the axis of interest then use TP and expect numbers to be similar.

For more help we will need the contents of the feature control frame.

Eric
                    not at work off for the weekend but will post first thing monday morning thanks

Comment

I'd be curious to see what you clocked/rotated your X axis to. also, what are we talking? angle or distance? I agree with Eric...a bit more info is needed.

Comment

Originally posted by sealevel View Post
                        I'd be curious to see what you clocked/rotated your X axis to. also, what are we talking? angle or distance? I agree with Eric...a bit more info is needed.
                        i clocked on the trunnion cylinder that is Y c/l

Comment

i think i have found my problem once i dimension my part after rotating to the right angle dimension its calculating the actual angle not the nominal for example 119.755 not 120. wtf?

Comment

new drawing

hopefully this sketch is better
                            Attached Files

Comment

Where is the angle??

Comment