0114 calibration invalid - excessive probe offsets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 0114 calibration invalid - excessive probe offsets

I have a sheffield RS-70 with pc-dmis 4.2 mr1. Our computer died and was replaced. I copied the hole hard drive to the new one and updated the registry with a backup registry file for pc-dmis. We are now getting this error(0114), also 0115 error, and cmm stops with no error and does nothing. we get around the last one by clicking stop then continue. Has anyone had this before?
    Bob

0114 calibration invalid - excessive probe offsets

you'll probably have to do the Sheffield MEA calibration first...before your "regular" calibration...not sure...just a thought....

Comment

Your probably mounted the calibration artifact in the wrong place, it must be at MEA location, call Sheffield if you don’t know where that is. You must establish mechanical offsets first then do your calibration, make sure you answer “yes” to both and also select appropriate tool for each, see attached Sheffield calibration procedure for more details.

Edit:
      Has anyone had this before?
      No, not me. I try to do everything right in the first place. That's the reason why I don't have issues.
      Last edited by lambo; 05-22-2009, 03:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by lambo View Post
        Your probably mounted the calibration artifact in the wrong place, it must be at MEA location, call Sheffield if you don’t know where that is. You must establish mechanical offsets first then do your calibration, make sure you answer “yes” to both and also select appropriate tool for each, see attached Sheffield calibration procedure for more details.

[ATTACH]4629[/ATTACH]

Edit:

No, not me. I try to do everything right in the first place. That's the reason why I don't have issues.
        Thanks, but already set mechanical offsets at mea position and then tried to calibrate. Still have errors. Qual sphere is in correct place. Any other suggestions?
        Bob

Comment

Originally posted by bblessing View Post
          Thanks, but already set mechanical offsets at mea position and then tried to calibrate. Still have errors. Qual sphere is in correct place. Any other suggestions?
          Are the probe tight?
          sigpic
          A proud Vietnam Veteran. 1973-1974

Comment

Did you choose the right tool?
            MEA_MECHANICAL_OFFSET_SPHERE for mechanical offset
            MEA_CALIBRATION_SPHERE for tip calibration.

Comment

Yes, i used correct tools. I follewed the procedures that we have from our distrubutor.
              Bob

Comment

Yes, i used correct tools. I follewed the procedures that we have from our distrubutor.
                Power down your system and power back on, home the machine and launch setting editor and click on User_Sheffield tab, reset Mechanical Offset for X, Y and Z to 0, launch PCDMIS and re-establish mechanical Offset then cal the SAME tip immediately after. If that doesn't work I don't know what to tell ya.

Addon: make sure probe build up is accurate.
                Last edited by lambo; 05-27-2009, 09:09 AM.

Comment