Star tip automatically appears

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Star tip automatically appears

My star probe file keeps on creating a T5_A90B180. It is not possible to calibrate it, so it crashes if I don't delete it.

Anybody else have mysterious tips appear in the tip list? It is not in any programs that exist on my machine. I delete it and a week later, it is back again. I have not been able to pin-point exactly when it appears. And it is only that one angle. Not A90B_anything else.

http://www.pcdmisforum.com/attachmen...1&d=1242145481
    Attached Files
    sigpic What's our Vector, Victor?

Originally posted by Otto Square View Post
    My star probe file keeps on creating a T5_A90B180. It is not possible to calibrate it, so it crashes if I don't delete it.

Anybody else have mysterious tips appear in the tip list? It is not in any programs that exist on my machine. I delete it and a week later, it is back again. I have not been able to pin-point exactly when it appears. And it is only that one angle. Not A90B_anything else.

http://www.pcdmisforum.com/attachmen...1&d=1242145481
    I have ALWAYS seen the un-used tips on a star adding back into the probe file. Pcdmis will automatically ADD any and all tips of the CURRENT head angle to the probe file when you open the probe utilities. I would guess that you have opened the P-U window when the head was at 90,180.
    sigpic
    Originally posted by AndersI
    I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

Originally posted by Matthew D. Hoedeman View Post
      I have ALWAYS seen the un-used tips on a star adding back into the probe file. Pcdmis will automatically ADD any and all tips of the CURRENT head angle to the probe file when you open the probe utilities. I would guess that you have opened the P-U window when the head was at 90,180.
      Ahhh. You are on to something there.

I loaded a probe at A90B90, then opened up the probe utes by F9ing a star probe line. Sure enough, Bang! Yet another not so smart thing that the demon is capable of.
      http://www.pcdmisforum.com/attachmen...1&d=1242154436
      Attached Files
      sigpic What's our Vector, Victor?

Comment

Originally posted by Otto Square View Post
        Ahhh. You are on to something there.

I loaded a probe at A90B90, then opened up the probe utes by F9ing a star probe line. Sure enough, Bang! Yet another not so smart thing that the demon is capable of.
        http://www.pcdmisforum.com/attachmen...1&d=1242154436
        SUCKS bad, don't it?

There is something you can do. It will NOT keep those extra pesky tips from appearing, BUT, it will keep them from CALIBRATING.

1) Open the check program that USES that probe build up and do MARKED USED mefore calibrating the tips. ANY tip not actually used in the program will NOT mark and it will not calibrate.

2) If there are MORE THAN ONE program that uses that build up and you want to calibrate ALL the tips used in ALL the programs that use that probe, simply place all the programs in the SAME directory and click on GLOBAL USED. It will search through all the programs in the CURRENT DIRECTORY (and sub-directories) and find all the tips used for that probe and mark them for calibration.

Like I said, it WON'T keep those STUPID extra tips out, BUT it will keep it from trying to calibrate tips you don't use.
        sigpic
        I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

Matt - this only happens if you have a PH10 (articulating head) right? I've never encountered it but I'm using a PH1.
          sigpic
          Originally posted by Ironhoe
          I got something under my sporran for you, take care of it and you got my vote.

Comment

Originally posted by Lab_ratt View Post
            Matt - this only happens if you have a PH10 (articulating head) right? I've never encountered it but I'm using a PH1.
            Yes, any articulating head, PH9, PH9A, PH10, PH10T, PH10M, etc.
            sigpic

Comment