TR_FG116,X Amplitude Error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TR_FG116,X Amplitude Error

While running a program my machine died and now when I try to restart it I am getting the mentioned error. I have cleaned the scales and blew off the encoder but nothing seems to help. I have had this issue before but eventually the machine would start. I am using a Brown & Sharpe fx CMM with PC-DMIS++ 4.3 and fairly new to using the CMM. :

I get Amplitude Errors daily on my 2 year old BnS Global. Cleaning the scales does nothing in my case... they are cleaned every AM. Hexagon tech suggested a line conditioner for the power supply. I have not tried that yet. To recover my cmm I shut down and then restart the controller first and the close the demon and restart it.

My 10 year old Xcel never does this. Both machines are running 4.2-1.
    Global Performance
    5-7-5, PH10T, 4.2-1
    Micro Xcel 7-6-5
    PH6, 4.2-1

Comment

Originally posted by bamlin View Post
      I get Amplitude Errors daily on my 2 year old BnS Global. Cleaning the scales does nothing in my case... they are cleaned every AM. Hexagon tech suggested a line conditioner for the power supply. I have not tried that yet. To recover my cmm I shut down and then restart the controller first and the close the demon and restart it.

My 10 year old Xcel never does this. Both machines are running 4.2-1.
      We've been trying that. That has been the normal routine for the past few weeks. Now nothing will work. I can start the machine sometimes and just leave it without moving anything and it will die on it's own. All I do is a machine start and let it set but it still shuts it's self down. I was hoping to get out of calling the service tech at this time.

Comment

Came in this morning ready for a fight but everything started up fine. Not sure how it will run but at least it was able to home itself.

Comment