Blank Screen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blank Screen

I am wondering if someone else has had this problem. I came in this morning and tried to open a program and all I got was a blank screen. I have no edit or graphis screen. This is in 3.5mr2. I have attatched a picture to show what I see.
    I was able to open programs in 3.7mr3. I have both version on the this computer. They are not run through a network. This is a stand alone computer with acess to the network and internet.
    thanks a bunch
    Attached Files
    B. Jacobs
    B&S Global 12.15.10

Originally posted by B. Jacobs View Post
    I am wondering if someone else has had this problem. I came in this morning and tried to open a program and all I got was a blank screen. I have no edit or graphis screen. This is in 3.5mr2. I have attatched a picture to show what I see.
    I was able to open programs in 3.7mr3. I have both version on the this computer. They are not run through a network. This is a stand alone computer with acess to the network and internet.
    thanks a bunch
    OK, try this....

Go to VIEW and mark the GRAPHICS SCREEN and EDIT WINDOW, maybe they are un-marked.
    sigpic
    Originally posted by AndersI
    I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

Originally posted by Matthew D. Hoedeman View Post
      OK, try this....

Go to VIEW and mark the GRAPHICS SCREEN and EDIT WINDOW, maybe they are un-marked.
      Sorry, I forgot to mention I have checked all the edit and graphics buttons. Thats the first thing I tried. Everything looks to be right. I was using it yesterday and logged off as usual, then came in this morning and nothing.
      B. Jacobs
      B&S Global 12.15.10

Comment

I've had that with 3.7. Try your window layout icons. That works for me.

Comment

Open up 3.5mr2 (that's the one with the problem right?). Do a Ctrl+alt+delete. Open the task manager. Select pc-dmis on the applications tab and click 'end task'. Close the task manager, open pc-dmis 3.5mr2 and try again. If not, try a complete computer shut down and re-boot.

The same thing used to happen to me with 3.7mr2. For some reason when pc-dmis was closed, something wasn't completely stopping. A shut down/re-boot fixed it. I eventually found that 'end task' completely kills it as well. That is quicker than the shut down/re-boot.

Comment

Why don't you just stick with 3.7mr3? Actually, you should be using mr4 if you work with Step Files.
            ~Josh~ Giles Rescue "Ut ceteri vivant"

Comment

Originally posted by jkb_mcg View Post
              Why don't you just stick with 3.7mr3? Actually, you should be using mr4 if you work with Step Files.
              There are lots of reasons.

One could be that he writes programs for a sister plant that doesn't have 3.7mr3 or 4.

Comment

Originally posted by Goodluck View Post

One could be that he writes programs for a sister plant that doesn't have 3.7mr3 or 4.
                OR, like me, I do out-source work (not our work, just doing the CMM stuff on it) and the customer requires V3.5 programs and by working in the native version, there are NO errors from migrating from version to version (of which there are TOO many!)
                sigpic
                Originally posted by AndersI
                I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

OR, like me, I do out-source work (not our work, just doing the CMM stuff on it) and the customer requires V3.5 programs and by working in the native version, there are NO errors from migrating from version to version (of which there are TOO many!)

Ahh, I see. Points well taken.
                  ~Josh~ Giles Rescue "Ut ceteri vivant"

Comment

A side job Matt?
                    sigpicIt's corona time!
                    737 Xcel Cad++ v2009MR1....SE HABLA ESPAƑOL

Comment

Open up 3.5mr2 (that's the one with the problem right?). Do a Ctrl+alt+delete. Open the task manager. Select pc-dmis on the applications tab and click 'end task'. Close the task manager, open pc-dmis 3.5mr2 and try again. If not, try a complete computer shut down and re-boot.

The same thing used to happen to me with 3.7mr2. For some reason when pc-dmis was closed, something wasn't completely stopping. A shut down/re-boot fixed it. I eventually found that 'end task' completely kills it as well. That is quicker than the shut down/re-boot.
                      I did this. Still nothing. I have no idea what has happened. I can open 3.7 and everything works fine.

I use both. The operators are the main users in 3.5. This is a more simplier version for them to understand. Not as many buttons.
                      B. Jacobs
                      B&S Global 12.15.10

Comment

Originally posted by B. Jacobs View Post
                        I did this. Still nothing. I have no idea what has happened. I can open 3.7 and everything works fine.

I use both. The operators are the main users in 3.5. This is a more simplier version for them to understand. Not as many buttons.
                        Hmmm...

I presume it does this no matter which program you try to open?

Will it let you create a new program?

If so, and you save that new program, close it and try to re-open it, does it give the same thing?

Do you have backups of your existing programs? Can you try copying a backup, and opening the copy?

Comment

Hmmm...

I presume it does this no matter which program you try to open?

Will it let you create a new program?

If so, and you save that new program, close it and try to re-open it, does it give the same thing?

Do you have backups of your existing programs? Can you try copying a backup, and opening the copy?

I have back ups for the programs. I thought about that too. I opened one of them first and nothing was right. No edit and graphics.

Here is what I did. I created a new program, called it junk. It opened fine. I had both edit and graphics veiw. I then did a save and closed. I reopened the junk program and it work fine. I then opened another program and it works now.

I am going to try to do a complete reboot now and see if everything is good. I will let ya'll know what happens.
                          B. Jacobs
                          B&S Global 12.15.10

Comment

Originally posted by CMM Surfer View Post
                            I've had that with 3.7. Try your window layout icons. That works for me.
                            I was thinking the same thing. I've come in before to find my toolbars and everything all honked up, but we save the window layout, so one click on that and everything is back to normal. If you don't save a window layout, then it gets a little more complicated.
                            sigpic

Comment

Update

All is well as of now. Don't know what fixed it but it is good. I think it had something to do with my antivirus software.
                              Thanks for the imput.
                              B. Jacobs
                              B&S Global 12.15.10

Comment

widgetinstance 190 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X