Report Page Number Problem 4.2 MR3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Report Page Number Problem 4.2 MR3

We just upgraded from 4.2 MR1 to 4.2 MR3 and I am having a problem with my page numbers.I am using the same report template from 4.2 MR1.
    What I am getting is on multiple page reports I am getting page 1 OF 1 on all pages .I am at a point were I don't know what to try next!
    If anyone has any ideas please help .
    Thanks M.B.

The problem may be in the fact that you are using the template from another version. Yes they should be compatible, no I don't know why they wouldn't be, but that is the possible cause. Do you have the default template saved from 4.2mr3? I hope so. Try using the one that came with the version and see what that does.
    sigpic

James Mannes

Comment

Originally posted by mbarbero View Post
      We just upgraded from 4.2 MR1 to 4.2 MR3 and I am having a problem with my page numbers.I am using the same report template from 4.2 MR1.
      What I am getting is on multiple page reports I am getting page 1 OF 1 on all pages .I am at a point were I don't know what to try next!
      Thanks M.B.
      I have the same problem with page numbers. I thought it was related to creating the PDF file, but even without the PDF being created it shows all sorts of crazy paging number errors. I don't use templates from 4.2 so that can't be the issue. Sometimes, I'll go to the end of the report, right-click to edit, and select the option to display only Out of Tolerance. Once that completes, go back and un-check that box and it displays everything, and SOMETIMES the pages are numbered correctly.

Good luck...I can't come up with a reliable, dependable way to get rid of the paging errors.

Comment

Had the same problem on 4.2mr1.

Cancel print then go to report refresh and then print from report page.

Comment

Well along with the odd page numbers we have had tremendous problems with reports. None of us really understands the reporting engine nor how to fix it and we are trying to run parts not spend days programming something that we paid for in the first place... ok ok.. off my soapbox. In any case we are running 4.2 mr1 at the moment and save all reports as PDF. Most times we are using the text dimensional reports. Oh and another annoying thing it does is it sometimes deletes the last couple of lines on a page. Sometimes it will show up on the screen and not in the report. So our best bet is to print out the report... then compare it to our program and make sure it didn't just drop a line or two... usually at the end of a page.

Has anyone had any clues about it dropping a line or two on a page? The seems only to happen on text dimensional reports not the fancy graphic ones. I am guessing it has something to do with the PDF converter but am not sure. I think I saw on here someplace that someone had changed to a different PDF conversion program. I guess I am wondering why and for what advantage?

Thanks,
          Richard L. LaFay
          Quality Director
          Windward Inc
          Slidell, Louisiana

Comment

Originally posted by mbarbero View Post
            Thanks M.B.
            I used to get this page number problem. I found that "Refreshing" de View report window before executing solved the problem.
            So, I made this a habit.
            Last edited by Roberto; 03-30-2009, 01:24 PM.
            sigpicIt's corona time!
            737 Xcel Cad++ v2009MR1....SE HABLA ESPAƑOL

Comment

I have had the same problem with the page numbers in 4.3 which I didn't not copy a report template and have my programs set to print to .pdf automatically so to fix the problem I removed the page numbers all together as it was wasting paper without any benefit of displaying the correct page numbers. But it would display the correct pages in the report window but when it printed to the .pdf it was back to the 1 of 1 and so on.

Comment

Sorry to bump an old thread but we just updated from 3.5 MR2 to 4.3 (and the learning curve is a cliff) and before we put 2013 on all of our systems we want to iron out the "bugs" as much as possible on our offline station but we cannot seem to fix this any help will be appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by crashandburn View Post
                  Sorry to bump an old thread but we just updated from 3.5 MR2 to 4.3 (and the learning curve is a cliff) and before we put 2013 on all of our systems we want to iron out the "bugs" as much as possible on our offline station but we cannot seem to fix this any help will be appreciated.
                  Just take the plunge and go all the way. Going to 4.3 is just gonna screw you up. Go right to 2013. I'm going to upgrade from 2012 to 2013.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2
                  Last edited by JamesMannes; 07-21-2013, 09:31 PM.
                  sigpic

James Mannes

Comment

Originally posted by crashandburn View Post
                    As james said, if you are making such a big jump anyway then the jump should be straight to 2013sp1.
                    You will get no benefit at all from playing with 4.3 anyway as its really not the same as 2013.
                    The bugs in 4.3 are different in 2013.
                    Roses are red
                    Violets are glorious
                    Don't try to sneak up
                    On Oscar Pistorius.

MIL-TFP-41C

3.7mr3, 2012mr1, 2013mr1

Comment

Originally posted by pwhitsa View Post
                      As james said, if you are making such a big jump anyway then the jump should be straight to 2013sp1.
                      You will get no benefit at all from playing with 4.3 anyway as its really not the same as 2013.
                      The bugs in 4.3 are different in 2013.
                      +1

might as well get up to speed, and do battle with the latest/greatest.

Comment

6 to 10 year old thread.
                        sigpic
                        Originally posted by AndersI
                        I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

• bfire85
                          bfire85 commented
                          Editing a comment
                          That's a spam post Matt

Uummmmmm! Spam!!!!!!

B&S CHAMELEON/PCDMIS CAD++ V2011

There are no bugs, only "UNDOCUMENTED ENHANCEMENTS!"

sigpic

Comment