Greetings to all

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Greetings to all

    I have written approximately 6 programs after learning from my co-worker. I spent last week at Hexagon Metrology and here I am. I am not off to a good start, there is some type of Fault code Lube or Air or override...WTF

  • #2
    Welcome aboard. We need more info then that, machine type, software versions, your girlfriends number, and pic's to if you have them.
    sigpic


    Was
    Pc-dmis 3.5 MR1 B & S 2009 MR1

    Now
    2010 MR3

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by thomas View Post
      I have written approximately 6 programs after learning from my co-worker. I spent last week at Hexagon Metrology and here I am. I am not off to a good start, there is some type of Fault code Lube or Air or override...WTF
      Good morning thomas, you will need to type in the error code just as it is displayed otherwise no one can help with a description you just gave..."there is some type of Fault code Lube or Air or override..." Using the exacy verbage gets the problem that much closer to being resolved.
      sigpic

      James Mannes

      Comment


      • #4
        Hello James,
        Nice of you to respond, the codes are as follows: TR_TRMI1,RS232 ERROR OVERRUN also there was TR_FG023 MACHINE AIR PRESSURE OR LUBE FAULT oh well I think my Boss put in a call for service, until then I guess I will hang in there!

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by thomas View Post
          Hello James,
          Nice of you to respond, the codes are as follows: TR_TRMI1,RS232 ERROR OVERRUN also there was TR_FG023 MACHINE AIR PRESSURE OR LUBE FAULT oh well I think my Boss put in a call for service, until then I guess I will hang in there!
          means you are having air feed problems. Check the compressor, check your regulator and filters, check your air lines.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Ironhoe View Post
            means you are having air feed problems. Check the compressor, check your regulator and filters, check your air lines.
            I would do all this prior to calling. Maybe you have the pressure set too low.
            The requirement should be in the manuals that should've come with the machine.
            When in doubt, post code. A second set of eyes might see something you missed.
            sigpic

            Comment


            • #7
              Thank you John the code I am receiving is TR_FG023 I did hear my Boss mention some words to that effect. The Technician that was here said he could not no what or how much to adjust do to the fact that the code went away before he showed up! The fault code is BACK! I am not able to do a Machine start

              Comment


              • #8
                I am going to guess that you are all real "new" to CMM technology at your company. You have been given the answer, check the manual for your machine ( its different for all ) see how much air is supposed to be feeing your machine. Check the regulator to insure the proper pressure and then run like the wind. IF you cant figure this out, tell one of your machine mechanics that the CMM rides on air bearings and you are having air feed problems, they will take it from there.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Hey CMM Guy,
                  Not exactly new at CMM techno but new on Global and PC-Demis Thank you for your guidance in this matter, I am working solo today, many things are happening in the shop! I will let the folks at the Management level know. Whatever!
                  Regards, Tom

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Sounds to me like you are having air issues. Which is why Ironhoe (not CMMGUY) was reiterating what I had said. I actually agree with him, based on your wording and asking the question more than once, I too felt (feel) your experience is limited.

                    There are a number of us who have been on these forums for quite some time. Since we see the same issues get asked about, we sometimes read into posts. More often than not, we are correct.
                    When in doubt, post code. A second set of eyes might see something you missed.
                    sigpic

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Y'all be gentle.........this is his 1st train.........and it does sound like an air pressure problem
                      sigpic.....Its called golf because all the other 4 letter words were taken

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Did I get a whiff of fresh meat?


                        Thomas,

                        Welcome! We like to have fun here, but this is the place to get your demon issues ironed pronto. However even the Zennyist Guru here can't do much without proper information from your end. All of this was new to each of us once upon an eon many adult beverages ago. I just checked your profile and none of the key information is filed in there. A lot of hardware issues and software errors are machine and pc-demon version specific. The salts here will click your user name to view your profile to see what sort of iron you pack and how many grains of powder in your shells if the information is relevant and not in the post. Therefore you might want to keep the moderator in a tutu happy and fill in that stuff. I can tell from your posts you are rather overwhelmed today. I sure do know how that feels. Whiskey is better than most things. Hang in there, we'll help if we can.

                        I concur on the air pressure issues. Constant, clean, dry air is essential, so is lubricant, but the operator tends to need the later far more than the machine.

                        HTH

                        sigpic"Hated by Many, Loved by Few" _ A.B. - Stone brewery

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Wes Cisco View Post
                          Did I get a whiff of fresh meat?


                          Thomas,

                          Welcome! We like to have fun here, but this is the place to get your demon issues ironed pronto. However even the Zennyist Guru here can't do much without proper information from your end. All of this was new to each of us once upon an eon many adult beverages ago. I just checked your profile and none of the key information is filed in there. A lot of hardware issues and software errors are machine and pc-demon version specific. The salts here will click your user name to view your profile to see what sort of iron you pack and how many grains of powder in your shells if the information is relevant and not in the post. Therefore you might want to keep the moderator in a tutu happy and fill in that stuff. I can tell from your posts you are rather overwhelmed today. I sure do know how that feels. Whiskey is better than most things. Hang in there, we'll help if we can.

                          I concur on the air pressure issues. Constant, clean, dry air is essential, so is lubricant, but the operator tends to need the later far more than the machine.

                          HTH

                          I have since graduated to a three-three (mopre room for my man meat)
                          sigpic

                          James Mannes

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Hello and Hey now!
                            I am thankfull to you folks for your responses, I have much to learn here. I decided that I really want to kick but with this Global. My boss figured he would give me a chance and see if I could learn it. It has been lots of fun.
                            Regards, Tom the BomB

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by JamesMannes View Post
                              I have since graduated to a three-three (more room for my man meat)
                              That sounds junstncredibly like someone else in this forum, James.

                              Welcome to the forum, tomthebomb.

                              Bear with the grumpy old men hanging around here, they like to poke fun, but to their credit I've learned a lot from them which makes dealing with the DEMON easier. And they actually seem to enjoy helping (most of the time) as long as you do as mentioned before (fill in your info section).

                              Good luck with your Global!
                              sigpic
                              Originally posted by Ironhoe
                              I got something under my sporran for you, take care of it and you got my vote.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X