Upgrading versions

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Upgrading versions

    Do I understand this correctly. If my SMA has expired as of 27FEB2007, I can still download and install any version released prior to that?

    Right now I am using 3.7MR2, and have 4.1Release loaded, but it is generally not used. The previous operator didn't like the reporting scheme, so he just used 3.7.

    I learned on 3.7 about four years ago, got mobilized, and screwed over when I returned. and just now got a new job to start using it again.

    Can I upgrade to any version newer than 4.1Release, or am I stuck with this?
    Also, would it be in my best interest to get 3.7MR3?
    sigpic What's our Vector, Victor?

  • #2
    Originally posted by Otto Square View Post
    Can I upgrade to any version newer than 4.1Release?
    It's all about the port lock. If your port lock is programmed for 27FEB2007, PC-DMIS built after that date will not run. The only two upgrade options you have are v3.7MR3 and v4.1R.

    Originally posted by Otto Square View Post
    would it be in my best interest to get 3.7MR3?
    All the v3.7 users that I have personally worked with upgraded from MR2 to MR3 as soon as they could.

    I would not ask if an upgrade to v3.7MR3 should be done, but rather ...
    "What makes v3.7MR2 a better choice than v3.7MR3?"

    Any takers?
    sigpic

    For a moment, I thought that I was wrong, but I was clearly mistaken.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Otto Square View Post
      Do I understand this correctly. If my SMA has expired as of 27FEB2007, I can still download and install any version released prior to that?

      Right now I am using 3.7MR2, and have 4.1Release loaded, but it is generally not used. The previous operator didn't like the reporting scheme, so he just used 3.7.

      I learned on 3.7 about four years ago, got mobilized, and screwed over when I returned. and just now got a new job to start using it again.

      Can I upgrade to any version newer than 4.1Release, or am I stuck with this?
      Also, would it be in my best interest to get 3.7MR3?
      There Is a 3.7MR4 It works for Me thats what I'm using, not really looking to upgrade at this time. Since they won't send me to any classes on the new software why download it and not know how to use all the bells and whistles.
      sigpicTHE TASK AHEAD OF YOU, IS NEVER AS GREAT AS THE POWER BEHIND YOU. I Fight for Freedom and Pray For Peace..

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by why me View Post
        There Is a 3.7MR4 It works for Me thats what I'm using, not really looking to upgrade at this time. Since they won't send me to any classes on the new software why download it and not know how to use all the bells and whistles.
        I would only upgrade to 3.7MR4 only if you are importing STEP files. If you don't use them, don't upgrade.
        Xcel & MicroVal Pfx & Global 37mr4 thru 2012mr1sp3
        Contura Calypso 5.4

        Lord, keep Your arm around my shoulder and Your hand over my mouth. Amen.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by stgeorgevi View Post
          I would not ask if an upgrade to v3.7MR3 should be done, but rather ...
          "What makes v3.7MR2 a better choice than v3.7MR3?"
          OK

          What makes v3.7MR2 a better choice than v3.7MR3?
          sigpic What's our Vector, Victor?

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by why me View Post
            There Is a 3.7MR4
            The MR3 users I work with have all upgraded to MR4. Unfortunately, MR4 was built on 30AUG2007 and won't work with Otto's 27FEB2007 port lock.

            As long as there are no unacceptable problems, I suggest to use the latest version that is available.
            sigpic

            For a moment, I thought that I was wrong, but I was clearly mistaken.

            Comment


            • #7
              I thought that v3.7mr4 was mainly a fix for STEP files and if your portlock will allow any v3.7 upgrade you could upgrade to mr4.
              DeWain Hodge

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by DeWain Hodge View Post
                I thought that v3.7mr4 was mainly a fix for STEP files and if your portlock will allow any v3.7 upgrade you could upgrade to mr4.
                That WAS correct (don't know if it still is). IF you had a current SMA for ANY release of V3.7, you can download and install MR4 because the STEP issue went all the way back to the original release. MR4 has all the fixes of the previous MR's as well. SO, if your SMA was up-to-date as of the release of V3.7 (no MR) you SHOULD be able to install MR4 which will have all the fixed bugs that they fixed in V3.7.
                sigpic
                Originally posted by AndersI
                I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

                Comment


                • #9
                  HMMM.... I find no reference to MR4 on the Wilcox site.

                  http://www.wilcoxassoc.com/downloads/dl_pcdmis.php

                  Are you sure you didn't dream about there being another version?
                  sigpic What's our Vector, Victor?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Otto Square View Post
                    HMMM.... I find no reference to MR4 on the Wilcox site.

                    http://www.wilcoxassoc.com/downloads/dl_pcdmis.php

                    Are you sure you didn't dream about there being another version?
                    Here is the LATEST link I have for MR4:

                    ftp://files.wilcoxassoc.com/CustomBu.../STEP%20Patch/

                    This is from this thread:

                    http://pcdmisforum.com/showthread.php?p=2363#poststop
                    sigpic
                    Originally posted by AndersI
                    I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I'm running 3.7MR4 I think I still have the Zip File if You need it. PM me I'll let you know. I was having trouble finding it myself and they E-mailed me A zip file for it.
                      Last edited by why me; 03-04-2009, 11:03 AM.
                      sigpicTHE TASK AHEAD OF YOU, IS NEVER AS GREAT AS THE POWER BEHIND YOU. I Fight for Freedom and Pray For Peace..

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Yep I still have the Zip File For 3.7 MR4
                        sigpicTHE TASK AHEAD OF YOU, IS NEVER AS GREAT AS THE POWER BEHIND YOU. I Fight for Freedom and Pray For Peace..

                        Comment

                        Related Topics

                        Collapse

                        Working...
                        X