Hmm...problem upgrading from 3.7MR2 to 3.7MR3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hmm...problem upgrading from 3.7MR2 to 3.7MR3

Installed upgrade into a different folder (just in case) and ran fine. But I lost my probe changer ability. Anyone know why the module doesn't carry over to the upgrade?
    I used to be high on life but I built up a tolerance.

Brown & Sharpe Global Advantage
    PCDMIS CAD++ v2011mr2
    PH10MQ/SP600M

sigpic

Just copy and paste toolchanger file from mr2 to mr3.It should work just fine.

Comment

Copy ya TOOLC.DAT file into ya new pcdmis folder..... and TOOL.DAT (cal sphere).... you could also copy your settings folder, and LOGO.DAT (that's for the LOGO at the top of ya reports.)
      I am a Mushroom................Kept in the dark and fed on sh*t!!!!!

Comment

Thanks.

PCDMIS CAD++ v2011mr2
        PH10MQ/SP600M

sigpic

Comment

RULE #1: Before installing a NEW version of Pcdmis, make a copy of the current, working directory of Pcdmis, then install the new version into the 'copy' directory.

RULE #2: Name the directory to match the version (PCD-V35MR3, PCD-V37MR3, etc.) before you install the new version into it.

This will keep all the settings, files, etc. that you need to run Pcdmis correctly and will also permit you to esaily go back to a previous version that worked better for you.

RULE #3: Make a back-up copy of ALL programs and probe files BEFORE you open the programs in the new version.
          sigpic
          Originally posted by AndersI
          I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

Did those things work? Does the software "know" you have a tool changer? Several times when upgrading I have had to get a new hasp program from B&S. Go into the pcdmisw folder and execute the custprog.exe it will tell you all of the currently installed modules on your machine. If the tool changer is missing just call the customer service line and they can usually have a lock program to you in a few hrs. Be sure to have all your info or be at your machine. You will need the portlock # machine s/n and the current portlock version number from the custprog screen.
            Badges..... We don't need no stinkin badges.

Comment

After installing MR3 into the folder and making backup copies of everything. I run MR3 and try out a program. It only runs in the graphics window. The CMM does not run. What's going on? I know this happens when you have two programs up at the same time, but I only had one and it happened only after the upgrade.

PCDMIS CAD++ v2011mr2
              PH10MQ/SP600M

sigpic

Comment

I just installed 3.7mr3 today.
                All I can say is the above is some great advice.
                Installation went through without any glitches!
                Thanks fellers.
                http://img391.imageshack.us/img391/9...ock5050ra3.jpg

Comment