Probe files

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Probe files

I have several programs that are using a 1x21mm probe. The technician could not get it to calibrate this morning. It was exceeding the probe diameter size. It calibrated once and the machine locked up and will not calibrate since. I looked at the probe information and it looks ok. I wanted to open another program that uses another probe to compare the information and the program is trying to use the 1x21mm probe. I tried 3 more programs that do not use this probe and all of them is trying to use this probe now. I am stuck on what to do. I am using v3.7.

Thanks,

I don't remember the 3.7. You have to load the good probe (there's a function : load the current probe). By default, PC-DMIS loads the last used probe. You can also turn off your controller and your PC, it's usefull sometimes !

Comment

As far as the diameter size try cleaning the probe and tool bar. There could be a little dirt on one or the other. It could also be a flat spot or slight bend in the probe needing to be replaced.

You should however be able to open any probe in any program or interchange them within the program. As far as not being able to recalibrate, Maybe the probe file got corrupt and you may need to recreate.
      sigpichttp://npmichaels.com/ (My sons book)
      THANKS (CAD IS ALWAYS MASTER)
      4.3 & 4.2MR2/GLOBAL/PH10MQ/WINDOWS XP

Comment

I tried using a different 1mm probe thinking the first one might be damaged and I got the same results. I recreated the probe file and it calibrated ok. I still don't understand why a different program that uses a 4mm now asks to use the 1mm probe.

Comment

In the program place your cursor at the probe and change it to the right probe. Someone must of changed it within the program. It realy should not make any difference what probe is in there as long as you are using the same probe to check the part and it is not shanking out.
          sigpichttp://npmichaels.com/ (My sons book)
          THANKS (CAD IS ALWAYS MASTER)
          4.3 & 4.2MR2/GLOBAL/PH10MQ/WINDOWS XP

Comment

Originally posted by pniven View Post
            In the program place your cursor at the probe and change it to the right probe. Someone must of changed it within the program. It realy should not make any difference what probe is in there as long as you are using the same probe to check the part and it is not shanking out.
            Sounds like you have a Benobo problem. Who has access to your programs? Do they know what they're doing (doesn't sound like it)?
            Only 2 people allowed to access program files here, myself and a QE. Keeps things like this from happening.
            sigpic
            Originally posted by Ironhoe
            I got something under my sporran for you, take care of it and you got my vote.

Comment

Was that program open when you went to calibrate your probes?
              sigpic
              if you had soap on a rope it would be tied to yer ankle

Comment

I would talk to your monkeys and see who changed it in the other programs, it seems like they opened up a program and tried to calibrate the 1x21 probe.
                sigpic

Was
                Pc-dmis 3.5 MR1 B & S 2009 MR1

Now
                2010 MR3

Comment