Probe head rotation on an autocircle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Probe head rotation on an autocircle

I have a cylinder with an grove around it. I want to measure the complete groove but there are features on the cylinder that prevent me to slide a disc probe in there. The largest size disc probe I have is 18mm.

I have a PH10T probe head. I am thinking it's possible to use measure the thing using A90 angles. If I add all the A90B angles in the probe setup, I can use this with "move all" and use a ruby ball probe instead?
    I used to be high on life but I built up a tolerance.

Brown & Sharpe Global Advantage
    PCDMIS CAD++ v2011mr2
    PH10MQ/SP600M

sigpic

Originally posted by Underspec
    I have a cylinder with an grove around it. I want to measure the complete groove but there are features on the cylinder that prevent me to slide a disc probe in there. The largest size disc probe I have is 18mm.

I have a PH10T probe head. I am thinking it's possible to use measure the thing using A90 angles. If I add all the A90B angles in the probe setup, I can use this with "move all" and use a ruby ball probe instead?
    Well I wouldn't use the "move all" personally...but it is certainly possible to create separate vector points and construct a cyl from them.
    sigpiccall me "Plum Crazy"....but you only go around once!

Comment

I have had the same situation w/ circles and grooves and used points then constructed
      a circle, worked fine.
      Last edited by BOB PARSONS; 07-05-2006, 05:45 PM.
      GLOBAL FX 12-15-10
      3.7MR3, XP/SP2
      EXCEL 12-20-10, 9-12-9, 7-10-7

Comment

Ditto of Mike N, but I would use Surface Points, and a Rmeas point on top or bottum of cylinder.
        sigpicSummer Time. Gotta Love it!

Comment