Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JamesMannes
    replied
    PETRON is preferred but will work for 1800!!!

Leave a comment:

• kingsld1
    replied
    Same thing only different

I've gone from Sheffield to Mitutoyo to Zeiss to Pc Dmis. It's all circles, lines, points, planes and alignments. The commands are just hidden in different spots. Same basic principles apply no matter what the software. Each software has its own quirks. Each has its good points.

Leave a comment:

• Matthew D. Hoedeman
    replied
    Well, I just went from V3.5 (no mr) to partial use of V3.7 MR3. I am NOT planning on using any of the V3.5 programs in V3.7 (I have heard about problems, mostly with TP) and either today or tomorrow I will actaully start the first 'real' program in V3.7. The only program I have in V3.7 is one to check some little details I made for the inspection department. A couple dozen vector points and a sphere is all there is to it, but the next one, the real one, will have EDGE POINTS too, oooooohhhhhhh!

Lucky for me, parts and programs only stay 'in service' about 6 months here, we are a die build shop, not a production shop.
    Last edited by Matthew D. Hoedeman; 03-13-2006, 01:52 PM.

Leave a comment:

• John Kingston
    replied
    Visit this site often, especially on Fridays. The "collective" knowledge here is amazing, remember, "resistance is futile, we will assimilate you." Seriously, everyone that visits here has a wealth of knowledge to share.

Leave a comment:

• ag162
    replied
    PC DMIS VERSIONS

I've been in this field for aprox 10yrs and have dealt with a lot of changes in pc dmis. My highest experience is 3.6 and there are no repetative bugs. Every version has it's own personality, problems and just plain irritating differences. But as posted before, if you have the ability to pick and choose, then the best are 3.2063 or 3.5, 3.7 mr3. Welcome to the PC DMIS world. Just my 2 cents.

A.Gore

Leave a comment:

• tenndoc
    replied
    From everything I've read v3.7 mr3 is a good stable version. I think the juries still out on v4.0. That's one of the things to remember, all versions are not created equal. There are a lot of guys here with many years using PCDmis. Matt's one of the best and he just recently went from 3.2?? to 3.7 mr3. Find a version that does what you need and proceed with caution from there.
    Just my two cents worth.

Leave a comment:

• QE161
    replied
    Very interesting. But after 6 years of dealing with MeasureMax I'm already addicted to pain killer, Take regular visits to the shrink and have to wear a helmet to work, from all the head into the wall tricks. And we won't even get into the alchohol consumption. I believe i will be getting into 3.7 MR3 or, I believe I read on here there is a newer version about to hit.

Leave a comment:

• J Temmen
    replied
    Don't trust anything, if an answer seems out to lunch verify it another way. This stuff works great "AS DESIGNED" although sometimes the design leaves a lot to be desired.

Leave a comment:

• tenndoc
    replied
    Winston is so right. We started with v3.6. What a nightmare.

Leave a comment:

• ag162
    replied
    The Home Remedy

The morning after is less miserable with Vodka - Absolute. but must be followed as prescribed to supress the cmm demons.

1 Miller Lite
    Followed by a shot of Absolute
    1 Miller Lite ( used as a chaser )
    1 Miller lite - Nurse it for aprox 10 min
    Repeat until desired effects kick in

A.Gore
    Is it 5:00 yet???????????

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    make sure you are not using pc-dmis V3.6.

you want to use either V3.5 MR2 or if you are up to date on your SMA (service maintenance agreement) use V3.7 MR3.
    Last edited by \v/inston; 03-13-2006, 12:22 PM.

Leave a comment:

• layout tech
    replied
    Good News

I think you are in for a treat. I have to program in Measuremax and PCDMIS both.
    I think PCDMIS is much more user-friendly. Measuremax seems more primitive to me. I think you have something to look forward to after the learning curve is past.

Leave a comment:

• Matthew D. Hoedeman
    replied
    It all depends on the insurance plan, eh? If you have a low co-pay, the shrink CAN be cheaper than the booze (but not as fun!). And what's with the Vodka? TEQUILA works the best.

Leave a comment:

• ag162
    replied
    Paranoia,,,,,,

Hey Matt,
    I thought thats what the large volumes of Vodka and Beer was for,,,,,,,,,,,,,,. Saves on the psychiatric bills,,, HAHAHAHAHA

A.Gore

Leave a comment:

• Matthew D. Hoedeman
    replied
    You might want to make sure that the health insurance you have covers psychiatry, ya might need it sooner than you think. And remember, just because you are paranoid, does NOT mean they aren't out to get you!

Leave a comment: