True Position

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• True Position

Why is it that I get different numbers when I report true position in the legacy dimensions than what I get in the new true position report and if so what should I be using?
    Thanks,
    Rachel

loaded question Rachel.... I would suspect you have "use datums" checked in the legacy scheme... but that is only one of several possible answers. there are books written on this very question, search the site for the on-going "True position" saga... ;-)

Comment

Alignment

In Legacy reporting true position is related to your alignment, in the new format you choose the alignment within the feature.
      Global Advantage 12-15-10 PH10MQ SP600M V4.2MR3 CAD++

Comment

Flip on over to the off topic side for any animal husbandry questions you may have, it seems this group is as good with livestock questions as software questions.

Comment

Originally posted by benj118 View Post
          In Legacy reporting true position is related to your alignment, in the new format you choose the alignment within the feature.

not unless you are using xact measure... its a loaded question.

Comment

Xactmeasure?

Is another new version for dimensioning out after Xactmeasure?
            Global Advantage 12-15-10 PH10MQ SP600M V4.2MR3 CAD++

Comment

Originally posted by benj118 View Post
              Is another new version for dimensioning out after Xactmeasure?

No but... were the FCF's built correctly in the same order and using the same features, are the measurements the same, was "use datums" checked in the older program, are the alignments the same, was there any best fitting involved... The list goes on and on. there is a variable or 2 at work here that a simple "why are my numbers different" question can't possibly cover.

Comment

I was not using the datums in the legacy dimensions and I have tried using both the datum reference and the current alignment in the XACT measure and they keep changing. I'm not sure what number to use.
                Some of my FCF's are Maximum, some of them are without bonus and the rest are Least material condition so I try to build the FCF's the way they are on the print and my numbers are all over the place.
                What am I doing wrong????

Comment

I know 3.7MR3 has issues calculating bonuses when they are mis-matched...i.e. |A-MMC|B-LMC|C-RFS| that's using the legacy stuff...not sure if XACT Measure is available on this version though...never checked...anyone? anyone?

Comment