Auto circle feature

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Auto circle feature

In previous life, I got used to a lot of Tarus functions, such as the ability to move stylus into a circle, hit a command, and the probe would move to take hits inside the circle and create the circle where it was. Obviously, the moves would be perpendicular to the hole cylinder, or planar to the top of the circle, but it would give a very close reading to where the hole or circle actually was. I would always re-run the pickup again, this time using the nominals from the first run and the location would be nearly perfect.

Does PC-DMIS have anything that works similarly, making the auto-moves to pick up the hole? Has anyone ever programmed something like that?

Yep. It's called auto circle and is found on the auto features toolbar, assuming that is that you have either CAD or CAD++, not sure if it comes with PRO
    If I have offended anyone with this post, I'd like to take this opportunity to say BOLLOCKS
    Dry your eyes Princess and man up.

Comment

reply...

Originally posted by Snaggy View Post
      Yep. It's called auto circle and is found on the auto features toolbar, assuming that is that you have either CAD or CAD++, not sure if it comes with PRO
      I've used that auto circle, as well as most other auto geometry features, but it requires you to select the CAD geometry first...good stuff! I'm talking about just moving the probe inside the hole and operate a command and the probe "finds" the circle and creates it as nominal in CAD. I don't believe that auto-circle functions like that. It would be useful for quick pickups, or for the rough alignment using circles. PC-DMIS doesn't do that, does it?

Comment

Originally posted by FutureMan View Post
        I've used that auto circle, as well as most other auto geometry features, but it requires you to select the CAD geometry first...good stuff! I'm talking about just moving the probe inside the hole and operate a command and the probe "finds" the circle and creates it as nominal in CAD. I don't believe that auto-circle functions like that. It would be useful for quick pickups, or for the rough alignment using circles. PC-DMIS doesn't do that, does it?
        No, if what I think you mean, no. HOWEVER, if you set it to 3 surface sample hits and get the raw vector CLOSE, you can put the probe in the hole, click on READ POS, then click on create.
        sigpic
        Originally posted by AndersI
        I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

Originally posted by Matthew D. Hoedeman View Post
          No, if what I think you mean, no. HOWEVER, if you set it to 3 surface sample hits and get the raw vector CLOSE, you can put the probe in the hole, click on READ POS, then click on create.
          And, you can activate re-measure and it will remeasure the hole based on the first try.
          Lately, it occurs to me
          What a long, strange trip it's been.

2017 R1 (Offline programming)

Comment