Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Model Identity within programs.

Morning all.

I am currently working on some short lead time gearbox casings , 3 parts to each set, which are being constantly up issued, some times the model gets done, sometimes it doesnt, depending on what the issues are.

So what ive got is four programs for each part, plus a final inspect program, and its now starting to get messy as they arent all done to the same model.

In Virtual Dmis, the model import is written into the dmis code, so you can see at a glance what issue the model is at , and also there is the ability with the DCI to give a warning if the model has changed since the last time it was loaded.

All i can find is the .CAD file, which as far as i can see doesnt give any clue as to where its come from and what it is.

Is there anywhere that it tells you what the model actually is.

Any clues for a poor guy with 'man flu'

Disregard my babble
    Last edited by AJHVW93; 01-06-2009, 06:34 AM.
    sigpic

Comment

For V3.7MR3.
      Go to VIEW > CAD info. Then left click on the model. All of the model info will be in this window.

For V4.2MR1
      Go to VIEW > CAD info. The model info will be displayed without having to click on the model

V4.2 may be somewhere between those two but should be like V4.2MR1
      Xcel & MicroVal Pfx & Global 37mr4 thru 2012mr1sp3
      Contura Calypso 5.4

Lord, keep Your arm around my shoulder and Your hand over my mouth. Amen.

Comment

Originally posted by AJHVW93 View Post
        Your programs and .igs files( or whatever) are not marked with revisions? Are you saying parts have been modified without actual model and print Revs??

At the point that i get them, there is a generic part number, but no solid issue number, which isnt a problem. Thats just how it is.

The parts have been modified , but there is either a drawing mod, a new model but not neccesarily both, so even if i upissue the program (which i dont until the parts physically produced) , there is no guarantee that the model is at the right issue within that program.

The .igs files are marked at the appropriate levels, but once thay are pulled into the program, you cant tell what model you have.
        Bearing in mind we have had 5 or 6 changes so far, i'm not about to have 6 issues of the same program x 4 ops x 3 parts.

Comment

Originally posted by dwade View Post
          For V3.7MR3.
          Go to VIEW > CAD info. Then left click on the model. All of the model info will be in this window.

For V4.2MR1
          Go to VIEW > CAD info. The model info will be displayed without having to click on the model

Thats just what i wanted, my boss had no clue that existed, i knew it had to be somewhere.

Result
          Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by dwade View Post
            For V3.7MR3.

For V4.2MR1

I use this method and then copy from the "CAD INFO" box the model information and paste it into a comment that is placed at the top of every program. Like so:

Last edited by John Riggins; 03-06-2009, 02:06 PM.
            Lately, it occurs to me
            What a long, strange trip it's been.

2017 R1 (Offline programming)

Comment