Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• scan SP25

PC-DMIS CAD++ V3.7MR3.
    So I need to do a linear open scan, I am using a SP25. How to set parameters such scanning in order to all points in scanning plane had exactly the same value? It should it was selection some plane of projection? Pleas help me

double click

For the Linear Open Scan, you are required to pick 3 points, either off the CAD or on the part. THese are the '1', 'D', and '2' control points. After you pick them, go to the scan definition window and double (left) mouse click on the '1' point to bring up the point's dialog. In there you can change and or all of the X, Y, Z values.

I typically pick the 3 points, then change the Y value (for example) to get them all in a row.

Comment

Originally posted by Don Ruggieri
      For the Linear Open Scan, you are required to pick 3 points, either off the CAD or on the part. THese are the '1', 'D', and '2' control points. After you pick them, go to the scan definition window and double (left) mouse click on the '1' point to bring up the point's dialog. In there you can change and or all of the X, Y, Z values.

I typically pick the 3 points, then change the Y value (for example) to get them all in a row.
      OK-I know this and I'm doing like you description. But when I'm exporting scan to 3D CAD system I see the one's of coordinates points (for example Y) haven't this same value (deviation range is of the order of 0.01mm). This look like "snaking"... I'm doing this same procedure with TP20 and TP200 and deviation range is of the order of 0.0003mm. Where from this big differences?

Comment

F9 your scan, double click "CutVec" in the "initial Vectors" window and set your IJK to 0,1,0 (for y example)
        sigpic
        To the Brave and the Faithful nothing is impossible

Comment

scanning

if you are scanning over a complex curved surface, and trying to keep all of your points on the same cut vector, you are going to notice differences in the locations based on your findnoms tolerance and if you are using the cad-comp check box

Tim

Comment

Originally posted by joe.sha
            F9 your scan, double click "CutVec" in the "initial Vectors" window and set your IJK to 0,1,0 (for y example)
            I do that and it's this same - coordiante Y have different value...

Comment

Originally posted by Tim Nichols
              if you are scanning over a complex curved surface, and trying to keep all of your points on the same cut vector, you are going to notice differences in the locations based on your findnoms tolerance and if you are using the cad-comp check box

Tim
              Thanks for you answer Tim...
              I'm doing simple scan - I'm scanning using linear open on the CMM table... I don't have CAD model and I select "Probe Comp" box.
              Maybe someone doing this simple scan and dispatch to me result. I'm comparision this result with my.
              RE

Comment