Multiple versions of PCDMIS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multiple versions of PCDMIS

I have a new CMM that came loaded with ver. 4.0. I would like to know if I can just load versions 3.5mr2 and 3.7mr3 into the same area on 'C' drive? Example is that now 4.0 is loaded under c:\programs\wai\4.0. Can I load the other two the same area but have folders 3.5 & 3.7? What else do I need to know? I am on a network where all of our programs, tip files, etc. are stored and only open pcdmis through the 'C' drive and run the programs from the network drive. I know that I will need different folders on the network for each of my programs, tips, etc. and I will need to call them up from each of these folders. I'm just wondering what I'm missing? Any thoughts.
    I have other CMM's with multiple operators - multiple shifts. I would like to utilize the 4.0 version but everyone on here seems to prefer 3.7 or 3.5. I don't want the other CMM operators messing up and loading a program from the wrong folder and with 1300 programs I just don't want to go full bore with 4.0 or 3.7mr3 until I can prove out a good portion of them through our CMM's.
    sigpic

B&S ADVANTAGE 12-22-10, EXCEL 9-15-9, ETC.
    PCDMIS 4.1, 3.5mr2,

I have ver. 3.2 and 3.7MR2 loaded on the same drive and it worked.
    But as of this past Monday I disabled 3.2. Reason is, the other guys that
    ocassionaly use the CMM refuse to learn the 3.7 layout.
    Now if they use my CMM they have no choice.
    I had no trouble running either from the same drive.
    http://img391.imageshack.us/img391/9...ock5050ra3.jpg

Comment

This subject has been hashed over many times on all the sites.

MAKE sure that ALL the comp/table map/etc. files are being used by all versions. Best way to do that is to make a copy of the current, working directory, then install the 'new' version into that.
      sigpic
      Originally posted by AndersI
      I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

Multiple version pc-dmis

The biggest problem with multiple version is the "set search paths".
        made of copy of folder holding 3.7 and renamed it 4.0.
        I installed version 4.0.
        started 4.0, edit - set search path - changed all search paths to 4.0 folder and sub folders. Updated probe files.

played with it. got confused with the reports - template.

closed 4.0 - open 3.7 - file open - noticed file path was set to 4.0.
        had to change all search paths from 4.0 to 3.7.

talked with B&S tech support - no work around.
        If you change search path in one version it will be the same in the other.
        2014 SP5, DataPage + v5.0 #331
        [testing v2015.1]

Comment

Set Search Paths

You can set the search path to the current directory. In this fashion, v37 will use its own set of probes, and v4.0 will use a different set. This precludes mixing the probe between versions. You can do this for any number of versions, I have 5.

Alternatively, you can keep all your probes in the oldest format and use them at any time in the newer format. If you keep all your probes in v3.2 format in the v3.2 folder, they can still be used by 3.5, 3.6, 3.7, 4.0, etc. Once you save a probe in the v4.0 format, it cannot be used (as is) in any older format.

Comment

Originally posted by Don Ruggieri
            Once you save a probe in the v4.0 format, it cannot be used (as is) in any older format.
            Same goes for programs unless you do a save as an older version. Then you must pay close attention to your tolerancing to make sure you are getting sensible data. Alot of times I will get dimensions that stop tolerancing and read perfect every part.
            sigpic

Comment