RMEAS on probe cal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RMEAS on probe cal?

How many of you use RMEAS in your probe cal programs?

They are taking 10 points on the sphere and I am wanting to change that to 5 points and remove the RMEAS. It's taking 14 hits per probe which I think is over kill.......

Your thoughts please on the RMEAS?
    Yes
    0.00%
    No
    100.00%
    Xcel & MicroVal Pfx & Global 37mr4 thru 2012mr1sp3
    Contura Calypso 5.4

Lord, keep Your arm around my shoulder and Your hand over my mouth. Amen.

Never
    sigpicSummer Time. Gotta Love it!

Comment

5 hits, no re-meas, go on with my life.
      sigpic
      Originally posted by AndersI
      I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

What Matt says.
        Perry
        B&S Mistral
        3.207 Beta on XP

Older'n dirt

Comment

Probe Qualification RE-measure

Some probe cals are rather lengthy as it is... To add a RE-measure function would add already too much time to the existing qualification process and if a RE-measure function was necessary, most likely is an indication that something was wrong in the set up and / or operation of this function.
          Thomas Stewart
          Quality Technician/CMM Programmer

2010 MR1
          Mitutoyo BN715
          CMMC-3 Controller

Comment

I just started here a week ago and they have issues with repeatability. There is a lot of probe calibration going on (has been for a while) and they believed calibration needed to be done extensively. I've unchecked the "DDC+DCC" from the dialog box and am just on "DCC" with 5 hits for most probes and then my cylindrical shank, which brings another question to mind. Those that use these style probes, do you calibrate the shank also?
            Xcel & MicroVal Pfx & Global 37mr4 thru 2012mr1sp3
            Contura Calypso 5.4

Lord, keep Your arm around my shoulder and Your hand over my mouth. Amen.

Comment

5 hits is plenty. and yes with a shank tip, you type in how far down the shank you want to calibrate. They take longer though. It will run the normal calibration on each angle you choose and then go whatever you choose down the shank for the next round of hits for each angle
              sigpic

Comment