Fly mode isues with 3.7mr1??

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Fly mode isues with 3.7mr1??

    Are there any known issues with running fly mode in 3.7mr1? I tried to insert fly mode at 5mm and it caused my prg to not go to the move point coords. This prg has been running for several months and had no issues unitl I try to run fly mode. Without the fly mode it runs great.

    Any ideas??
    Xcel & MicroVal Pfx & Global 37mr4 thru 2012mr1sp3
    Contura Calypso 5.4

    Lord, keep Your arm around my shoulder and Your hand over my mouth. Amen.

  • #2
    Originally posted by dwade
    Are there any known issues with running fly mode in 3.7mr1? I tried to insert fly mode at 5mm and it caused my prg to not go to the move point coords. This prg has been running for several months and had no issues unitl I try to run fly mode. Without the fly mode it runs great.

    Any ideas??

    Just a thought ...

    use the default value and see what happens

    I changed it and didn't find any noticable difference in the movement using ver 3.5mr2 or on 4.0release. I reduced it (from default) though, so that could be a different situation.
    sigpiccall me "Plum Crazy"....but you only go around once!

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Mike N.
      Just a thought ...

      use the default value and see what happens

      I changed it and didn't find any noticable difference in the movement using ver 3.5mr2 or on 4.0release. I reduced it (from default) though, so that could be a different situation.
      I've tried the defaults and the first measurement point doesn't read like a dead probe or megnetized probe but when I tale the fly mode out it's OK. When fly mode is on, it just doesn't let the probe register the and drifts to the stops then errs out.
      Xcel & MicroVal Pfx & Global 37mr4 thru 2012mr1sp3
      Contura Calypso 5.4

      Lord, keep Your arm around my shoulder and Your hand over my mouth. Amen.

      Comment


      • #4
        sounds to me like an "issue" as they like to call it at tech sup
        I would log it, if it wasn't already
        sigpiccall me "Plum Crazy"....but you only go around once!

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by dwade
          Are there any known issues with running fly mode in 3.7mr1? I tried to insert fly mode at 5mm and it caused my prg to not go to the move point coords. This prg has been running for several months and had no issues unitl I try to run fly mode. Without the fly mode it runs great.

          Any ideas??
          The size of the radius can't be changed even though there is a setting you can edit. I guess they put that number there for fun. It is supposed to be the radius that is cut between points but it is the same no matter what value you enter. I was not able to get a good answer as to why that is and it was basically implied that I was the one screwing it up but it looks like I am not the only one. Next time I complain I'll have to say I work at Ford or Boeing or somewhere that owns more than 5 measly machines I guess.
          <internet bumper sticker goes here>

          Comment


          • #6
            I did notice one other issue B4 I left last nite was that on the CMM I am trying to get fly mode to work (one praticular prg) was that if I set the move speed to 50 (normally set to 20) it does the same thing. This prg does not use CAD do I may be looking at something totally different than just fly mode.
            Xcel & MicroVal Pfx & Global 37mr4 thru 2012mr1sp3
            Contura Calypso 5.4

            Lord, keep Your arm around my shoulder and Your hand over my mouth. Amen.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by dwade
              I did notice one other issue B4 I left last nite was that on the CMM I am trying to get fly mode to work (one praticular prg) was that if I set the move speed to 50 (normally set to 20) it does the same thing. This prg does not use CAD do I may be looking at something totally different than just fly mode.

              This is starting to sound like a hardware issue now. What machine type and controller are you working on. I don't have a fix but it would be good to add to my memory.
              sigpiccall me "Plum Crazy"....but you only go around once!

              Comment


              • #8
                The machine in particular is a MicroXcel PFX 454. I do not know what kind of controller it has. Where do I look to find out what it has? We have 3 CMMs like this one and 1 MicroVal PFX 454 and I have not tried putting fly mode in any prgs on the other machines yet.
                Xcel & MicroVal Pfx & Global 37mr4 thru 2012mr1sp3
                Contura Calypso 5.4

                Lord, keep Your arm around my shoulder and Your hand over my mouth. Amen.

                Comment

                Related Topics

                Collapse

                Working...
                X