File Extension Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• File Extension Problem

I am using the PC-DMIS Pro v4.2 currently to take the point cloud for a knee component. However, the output file is in PRG format. I can't export that into the CATIA V5R16. Is there any method to open the PRG file extension in the CATIA? Help from you guys is very much appreciated.

Originally posted by iansbh View Post
    I am using the PC-DMIS Pro v4.2 currently to take the point cloud for a knee component. However, the output file is in PRG format. I can't export that into the CATIA V5R16. Is there any method to open the PRG file extension in the CATIA? Help from you guys is very much appreciated.
    FILE ~ EXPORT ~ IGES

Any cad software can import an IGES file.
    sigpic
    Originally posted by AndersI
    I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

However, the pcdmis pro v4.2 can only save file in .PRG and .CAD format. I can't save the file in the IGES format. So, is there any method to convert the PRG file into IGES or STL file?

Comment

Originally posted by iansbh View Post
        However, the pcdmis pro v4.2 can only save file in .PRG and .CAD format. I can't save the file in the IGES format. So, is there any method to convert the PRG file into IGES or STL file?
        NOT save as, and it SHOULD be able to EXPORT to at least an IGES file. FILE ~ EXPORT ~ IGES are what you need to click on form the main menu while the program is open.
        sigpic
        I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

Originally posted by Matthew D. Hoedeman View Post
          NOT save as, and it SHOULD be able to EXPORT to at least an IGES file. FILE ~ EXPORT ~ IGES are what you need to click on form the main menu while the program is open.
          Not all versions allow you to export. I know 3.7 Pro does not. It is likely that 4.2 Pro does not either.
          <internet bumper sticker goes here>

Comment

Originally posted by craiger_ny View Post
            Not all versions allow you to export. I know 3.7 Pro does not. It is likely that 4.2 Pro does not either.
            I thought ALL versions allowed at LEAST IGES export.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Matthew D. Hoedeman View Post
              I thought ALL versions allowed at LEAST IGES export.
              I have a seat of 3.7 Pro on the shop floor and just tried it. Not only is .iges not on the list of available file types but I can not export as any of the types listed (.dxf, .step, etc). It says I need to contact B&S to purchase that option. I'd bet dollars to doughnuts 4.2 is the same deal.

I might be missing something but I am using File > Export
              <internet bumper sticker goes here>

Comment

widgetinstance 190 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X