Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Depth question

Happy pre thanksgiving all.

I'm taking a boatload of points in an ID. I've got them programmed to go down to 12.0mm and take all the points at that level. once it's done running i see my actuals and they are all over the place. meaning i have about a .010 difference in some of them. how can i remedy this?

thansk
    " Why don't you jump off a bridge in front of a train?"

You don't have a value entered in the pitch box for an autocircle do you?

Comment

Are you using cad
      sigpichttp://npmichaels.com/ (My sons book)
      THANKS (CAD IS ALWAYS MASTER)
      4.3 & 4.2MR2/GLOBAL/PH10MQ/WINDOWS XP

Comment

You don't have a value entered in the pitch box for an autocircle do you?
        i'm checking separate points in a dia. not a ID so no pitch available to me.

Are you using cad
        yessiree

Comment

f5, Uncheck FIND NOMIALS DURING EXECUTION if checked

Comment

Originally posted by skinnyhips View Post
            i'm checking separate points in a dia. not a ID so no pitch available to me.

yessiree
            I'm not sure how CAD plays into this, I don't do CAD.

Check your hit vectors to ensure that the k component is zero for all.

If they were a non-zero value, with a perfectly round hole at nominal position, all the hits would be at the same level, but due to variation in those, the hits could fall at different levels.

Comment

Next idea;
              Are you dimensioning in the same alignment in which you measured? A change in the feature used to level or rotate for alignment could cause this.

Comment

wasn't checked.

Comment

Happy pre thanksgiving all.

I'm taking a boatload of points in an ID. I've got them programmed to go down to 12.0mm and take all the points at that level. once it's done running i see my actuals and they are all over the place. meaning i have about a .010 difference in some of them. how can i remedy this?

thansk
                  A .01mm is not that much. It may be that is what they are. I misread and thought it said Nomials. You are only talking about 0.00039 inches

Comment

ok...so i'm checking this in the X axis. so i would my I vector should be at 0 (which it is).

also i'm dimensioning using the same alignment as i am when i'm checking the features. i really don't think it's an issue, but when export the cad data, the engineer is seeing the points on different levels of X. and we need them at one level to make our mold adjustment.

make sense? either way...it's $%)^&*&()

Comment

Originally posted by pniven View Post
                      A .01mm is not that much. It may be that is what they are. I misread and thought it said Nomials. You are only talking about 0.00039 inches
                      I missed mm. I thought it was .010 inch!

.01 mm is nothing to worry about. That's probably just due to the machine's ability to move only so 'fine'.

Comment

ok...so i'm checking this in the X axis. so i would my I vector should be at 0 (which it is).

also i'm dimensioning using the same alignment as i am when i'm checking the features. i really don't think it's an issue, but when export the cad data, the engineer is seeing the points on different levels of X. and we need them at one level to make our mold adjustment.

make sense? either way...it's $%)^&*&()
                        So the hole is aligned with the x axis (using A90B-90 or A90B90)? In that case, the I value should be zero.

I think there is a way to eliminate the reporting of the error in that axis. Matt's the guy to ask about that. I seem to remember him posting on that sometime.

Comment

Snap point

Try taking these hits with "Snap Point" turned on.
                          Global Advantage 12-15-10 PH10MQ SP600M V4.2MR3 CAD++

Comment

Originally posted by benj118 View Post
                            Try taking these hits with "Snap Point" turned on.
                            SNAP! That's what I remember Matt talking about!

Comment

Vector points & snap on 'projects' the points taken BACK to the nominal vector line, eliminating the 'drift' any and all machines have. For example, if you are taking a point with a vector of 0,0,1 (up and down in Z), at X10, Y20, Z0, your machine might hit at X10.010, Y19.990, Z0.125. Using snap, it will report the point as being taken at X10, Y20 and Z0.125, it 'snaps' the point back onto the perfect vector line from the nominal location and you then ONLY get the vector deviation.
                              sigpic
                              Originally posted by AndersI
                              I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment