Stat Error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stat Error

When trying to send data at the end of my program I get this error.

Has anyone seen this before and how do I fix it.
    sigpic

Originally posted by AuRules View Post
    When trying to send data at the end of my program I get this error.

Has anyone seen this before and how do I fix it.
    Well, first thing I do for ANY datapage/database error is to delete the XSTATS11.TMP file AFTER saving the program (so I can 'keep' the current check data) then OPERATIONS ~ SEND CURRENT STATS TO FILE and see if it will go through then. IF not, then the issue MORE THAN LIKELY resides in Datapage (as long as you have a valid path in Pcdmis for saving the stats.

Once you try that stuff, I would go to the database directory and delete the VISTA.TAF and LOCKMGR.DBL files. Then, open Datapage, close it, and try it again from Pcdmis (send the stats AFTER once again deleting the XSTATS11.TMP file)
    sigpic
    Originally posted by AndersI
    I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

Appendix D: Troubleshooting
      Can't open a database - All documents must be closed and the screen must be blank in
      order to open a database. Close all reports/charts and then try to open the database
      again. If that fails, run the Editor Unlock utility. If that fails, delete the files in the
      database that end with .dbl and taf. extensions. If you can't delete them, reboot the
      computer and try to delete them again. Then, reboot the computer and you should be
      able to open the database. If the problem persists, contact Technical Support.
      Database Errors - Database corruption can result when a hardware or software malfunction
      occurs while the database is in use. A hardware malfunction could be caused by a
      power surge, a bad sector on the hard disk or in memory, or simply rebooting the
      Using DataSuite
      computer while DataPage is running. Attempting to access data from a corrupt
      database will cause a database error message. Each message carries an error
      number from 1 to 100; try to isolate the cause of the error and correct it, if possible.
      Once a database has been corrupted, you cannot repair it. Create a new database
      directory and restore your database files from your most recent backup and archive
      files, any data you can retrieve from the corrupt database, and any existing statistics
      files. If database corruption is limited to data for one or two parts, the data for the rest
      of the parts in the database often can be retrieved using the ASCII Dump option. Try
      creating a separate dump file for every part in the database.
      The parts that don't cause database errors during the ASCII dump operation are
      uncorrupted. You then can use ASCII Load to load this part data into the new
      database. See also Can't Open Database.
      Portlock Failure - A Portlock Failure message displays when you attempt to run
      DataPage/RT for Windows without first installing the printer portlock. Just complete
      installation of the printer portlock and you will be ready to use DataPage/RT. If
      you are a network user, remember that a portlock must be installed on each
      computer where DatePage/RT will be run.
      Printed charts or reports run off the page - While the report or chart displayed on the
      screen, use the Set Page Margins option on the DataPage/RT File menu to change
      the margin settings.
      Not enough information was selected - This error message displays if you try to create a
      report/chart and have selected too few variables and/or transactions in the Data
      Selection dialog box. Select more data and create the report/chart again.
      No valid data - This error "message displays if you try to create a report/chart and have
      selected too few variables and/or transactions in the Data Selection dialog box.
      Select more data and create the report/chart again.
      There are not enough entries in xxx (where xxx is the trace field name) - This error
      message displays when you have attempted to create a GR&R report and have
      selected a trace field that does not have sufficient trace values to complete the
      report. Select different trace fields and try the report again.
      There are not enough points to create at least n subgroups of size n - This error
      message displays if you try to create a Process Chart and have selected variables
      and transactions with insufficient data points to make up the minimum number of
      subgroups you have specified.
      No notes for the transactions selected - This error message displays if you try to create a
      Notes Report and have selected transactions that do not have notes associated with
      them. Select different transactions or use the DataPage/RT for Windows Editor to
      enter any necessary notes for the transactions.
      sigpichttp://npmichaels.com/ (My sons book)
      THANKS (CAD IS ALWAYS MASTER)
      4.3 & 4.2MR2/GLOBAL/PH10MQ/WINDOWS XP

Comment

I just found out from one of the engineers that the local server here in Columbus, GA. thats link to our home office in Witchita KS. was showing full. My datapage saves to the server. The engineer said all of their programs for the CNC's were not their. Thousand of them, so hopefully they have a backup.
        sigpic

Comment