Lock Mark set

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Lock Mark set

    I know I read something about lock Mark set in this forum,but I can't find it
    in the set-up options there is a key to lock mark sets to prevent users from deleting or changing the mark sets in the program that's what the help menu says,but it's not working for me,I locked a program saved it,closed it & opened it again and it's not working for me,Are you guys using this key?If not Please tell how do create a read program only to prevent operator from deleting.

    Thanks for your advice.

    Aguayo

  • #2
    F5

    Marked sets have a habit of "vanishing" though. Drives me nuts.
    <internet bumper sticker goes here>

    Comment


    • #3
      marked sets work with operator mode. Unless you are in operator mode the programs will be editable. Making your file properties "Read only" or Operator mode are about your only options.
      Badges..... We don't need no stinkin badges.

      Comment


      • #4
        I am not a fan of marked sets. A program of marked sets usally is very large and slow. I rather have have a ext alignment program and smaller programs. I know guys thats it takes forever to load, and I get real nervous about them because of our Live Editor, you can change something quick and have a major crash.
        sigpicSummer Time. Gotta Love it!

        Comment


        • #5
          Before I started here they had BnS do a few programs for them and used marked sets.. well the boss went in and did some edits and guess what... They no longer use them. They are now busted down into 3 different programs
          sigpic
          if you had soap on a rope it would be tied to yer ankle

          Comment


          • #6
            EDIT>PREFERENCES>SETUP look for a check box called "Lock Mareked Sets", check that that and hit defaults and for the programs created after that all programs will have "lock marked sets" checked.
            sigpic

            James Mannes

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by JamesMannes
              EDIT>PREFERENCES>SETUP look for a check box called "Lock Mareked Sets", check that that and hit defaults and for the programs created after that all programs will have "lock marked sets" checked.
              Yes F5 is the shortcut.

              For the marked sets haters. I have one machine that runs marked sets all day every day. Best way to keep the monkeys grubby little mits off the code. It is not for experienced folks that is not what it was made for. It was made for the monkeys that get click happy and change the code. I have no complaints except the icons disapear once in a while, even when lock marked sets is checked.
              <internet bumper sticker goes here>

              Comment


              • #8
                I have made numerous programs with marked sets. If its a simple part, with a simply gage. I will used marked sets for the alignment, Gage RR, Cap Study, Pist Layout, PPAP Layout. And its cool, but if it is a bigger part, I find it cumbersome. ( like that word DB ) And I perfer seperate programs. And if anyone is going to try making Marked Set programs start small, they can be tricky, and put the machine on creep when you are proving out you Program.
                sigpicSummer Time. Gotta Love it!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Where do they go?

                  Originally posted by craiger_ny
                  I have no complaints except the icons disapear once in a while, even when lock marked sets is checked.

                  I've had this happen a couple of times as well. I have operators checking their own parts on shop floor cmms so, I use mark sets in every program. Works out pretty good for checking parts out of certain machining operations when a process needs dialed back in. I can use the same programs for this with no need to create short programs like we do with our LKDMIS programs. Where do those icons go anyway? It goes back to backup, backup, backup!
                  sigpic

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Paul Sarrach
                    I have made numerous programs with marked sets. If its a simple part, with a simply gage. I will used marked sets for the alignment, Gage RR, Cap Study, Pist Layout, PPAP Layout. And its cool, but if it is a bigger part, I find it cumbersome. ( like that word DB ) And I perfer seperate programs. And if anyone is going to try making Marked Set programs start small, they can be tricky, and put the machine on creep when you are proving out you Program.
                    sep·a·rate (sĕp'ə-rāt') [IMG]http://content.answers.com/main/content/img/****.gif[/IMG]

                    v., -rat·ed, -rat·ing, -rates. v.tr.
                      1. To set or keep apart; disunite.
                      2. To space apart; scatter: small farms that were separated one from another by miles of open land.
                      3. To sort: separate mail by postal zones.
                    1. To differentiate or discriminate between; distinguish: a researcher who separated the various ethnic components of the population sample.
                    2. To remove from a mixture or combination; isolate.
                    3. To part (a couple), often by decree: She was separated from her husband last year.
                    4. To terminate a contractual relationship, as military service, with; discharge.
                    sigpic

                    James Mannes

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Paul Sarrach
                      I have made numerous programs with marked sets. If its a simple part, with a simply gage. I will used marked sets for the alignment, Gage RR, Cap Study, Pist Layout, PPAP Layout. And its cool, but if it is a bigger part, I find it cumbersome. ( like that word DB ) And I perfer seperate programs. And if anyone is going to try making Marked Set programs start small, they can be tricky, and put the machine on creep when you are proving out you Program.
                      No one says you have to make different "sets". I mark the entire program and make that a "set" the whole program is a set. The reason I do this is because operator mode is dependent upon marked sets. The monkey accesabble CMMs I run in operator mode therefore I need an icon to run a marked set which in my case is the entire program. I have one set, the whole program and the name of the set is "inspect" which is exactly what the monkey wants to do. There are many useages if you use your imagination but if I was not in operator mode I would not use them, I'd use separate programs.
                      <internet bumper sticker goes here>

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        One thing I'd like to be able to do is edit the name of a previously created marked set. I know that it's easy to highlight the one you want to edit, then double-click in the marked set window to create a new one and name it what ever you want and everything should be marked from the original marked set that you highlighted. But, I'd feel a whole lot more comfortable about it if I could just edit the marked set name.
                        sigpic

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by djayne
                          One thing I'd like to be able to do is edit the name of a previously created marked set. I know that it's easy to highlight the one you want to edit, then double-click in the marked set window to create a new one and name it what ever you want and everything should be marked from the original marked set that you highlighted. But, I'd feel a whole lot more comfortable about it if I could just edit the marked set name.
                          I know. Marked sets needs improvement and I don't think it gets enough attention with MRs and new versions. Marked sets are funkey in the icon area. Where do they go when they disapear? And if you go to create new marked set after one disapears and give it the same name all the features in the previous one are marked as if it never disapeared. Marked sets has some funky bugs.
                          <internet bumper sticker goes here>

                          Comment

                          Related Topics

                          Collapse

                          Working...
                          X