Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V4.2mr1, something weird

Hi all,

don't know what the deal is or if it's just me.
    My problem is i run v4.1, and wrote a program that uses
    auto surface points in it. I down loaded it on to one of
    our vendors cmm's running v4.2mr1. All of the surface
    points were red and would not execute. When i tried to
    f9 on them it wouldn't do anything at all. So i deleted one
    and was going to regenerate it. Auto surface points on their
    machine is nowhere to be found. Any suggestions and or help
    would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance for any
    and all replies.

Originally posted by DUCES View Post
    Hi all,

don't know what the deal is or if it's just me.
    My problem is i run v4.1, and wrote a program that uses
    auto surface points in it. I down loaded it on to one of
    our vendors cmm's running v4.2mr1. All of the surface
    points were red and would not execute. When i tried to
    f9 on them it wouldn't do anything at all. So i deleted one
    and was going to regenerate it. Auto surface points on their
    machine is nowhere to be found. Any suggestions and or help
    would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance for any
    and all replies.
    They have a 'lesser' level of Pcdmis than you do. You have CAD++ I imagine, they have the basic Pcdmis, so, you will have to use VECTOR POINTS instead of SURFACE points. VECTOR points are the exact same thing as SURFACE points, except you can not use surface sample hits for them. So, a SURFACE point with ZERO sample hits is the exact same thing as a vector point.
    sigpic
    Originally posted by AndersI
    I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

Originally posted by matthew d. Hoedeman View Post
      they have a 'lesser' level of pcdmis than you do. You have cad++ i imagine, they have the basic pcdmis, so, you will have to use vector points instead of surface points. Vector points are the exact same thing as surface points, except you can not use surface sample hits for them. So, a surface point with zero sample hits is the exact same thing as a vector point.
      thank you matt for your speedy response. Thats what i was afraid of. This program is 4000 lines of
      code with an 8 sheet blue print. That i was hoping i wouldn't have to
      edit that much. Oh well, i get paid by the hour.

Comment

Originally posted by DUCES View Post
        thank you matt for your speedy response. Thats what i was afraid of. This program is 4000 lines of
        code with an 8 sheet blue print. That i was hoping i wouldn't have to
        edit that much. Oh well, i get paid by the hour.
        The ONLY time I use SURFACE points is when I do NOT have cad data and need the sample hits to get a vector. I have covered this before, but I do not know the exact numbers off the top of my head, but if the surface is 5 degress OFF (which is a TON of error) you will see less than 0.001" of error when using a 2mm ball probe, so, the extra time to run the 3 extra hits for a single point of data isn't worth it. Stick with the vector points. ALSO, there are a LOT of other features that will go away when going to the lesser level of Pcdmis, like SLOTS for example. The basic level of Pcdmis has 3 auto features or something like that, VECTOR, EDGE and CIRCLE.
        sigpic
        Originally posted by AndersI
        I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

Originally posted by matthew d. Hoedeman View Post
          the only time i use surface points is when i do not have cad data and need the sample hits to get a vector. I have covered this before, but i do not know the exact numbers off the top of my head, but if the surface is 5 degress off (which is a ton of error) you will see less than 0.001" of error when using a 2mm ball probe, so, the extra time to run the 3 extra hits for a single point of data isn't worth it. Stick with the vector points. Also, there are a lot of other features that will go away when going to the lesser level of pcdmis, like slots for example. The basic level of pcdmis has 3 auto features or something like that, vector, edge and circle.
          i have basically had to teach myself this software,
          and with thanks to all of the guru's it's getting easier. I recently
          started using vector points instead of surface points.and am able to use variables and other flow controls that i was use to when
          programming in chorus nt.

Comment