Construct a cone problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Construct a cone problem

Most of the time I don't have a problem with this command, however, for some reason, today the software will not allow me to construct a cone from 2 circles. The circles each have a 0,0,1 vector, they are both at 0 in the X and 0 in the Y, each is at a different height in the Z and they have different Ø's. As far as I can tell, there is nothing obvious (to me at least) that should prohibit PCDmis from contructing this cone......if anyone has an answer, I would love to hear it
    sigpic

not sure, but try construct it from 3 cir. also i don't remember if it makes a difference buy try changing the workplane

Comment

Z workplane chosen??
      sigpic

James Mannes

Comment

Yes, Z working plane, and I also tried to construct out of 3 circles with different Z's and Ø's
        sigpic

Comment

Maybe it is having a problem with ID vs OD?
          sigpic

James Mannes

Comment

what exactly does it say......."cannot construct cone" means it doesn't like one of your features

Comment

Both circles were ID's and I am trying to construct an inside cone......

"Math failed for Cone4: Combination of input features not supported"
              sigpic

Comment

You're not using "auto circles" and just changing the "depth" value for your two circles you are using for construction?

Comment

Nope, different Z's values entirely, I am using Auto Circles, but they are different entities altogther, same X and Y values, but different Z values (Depth is set at Zero)
                  sigpic

Comment

HOW MANY points are you taking on the cir, try more points. also try deleetn the features and re measure.

Comment

try just taking at least 6 pnts 3 for each circle and see if it will construct it for you. If it does it's something in your autocircles.....

Comment

you are way out of your element here Donny...

Comment

Is there a reason that you cannot measure it as a cone initially.
                          To me if you used 3 circles to construct the cone. The individual points taken on the circles would not have the proper approach vectors on them. that might be why the math fails.???
                          Time for the Trolls to leave.

Comment

cones

If your still having trouble the best thing to do alot of times is what Mikey said.
                            I've wasted more time trying to find out why something isn't working. Than if I wrote the whole program again from scratch. Of course it depends on the size of the program and your skill level. Cones and Spheres can be tricky so give it time.

PCDMIS has alot going on in the background, things you can't see really see unless it was in pure DMIS. If reconstruction of the feature or features doesn't work save it as another name as backup. Always check your working axis and alignment first. Hit F5 and make sure you have Allow fine tune of Alignment.

Have fun

Comment

Exactly what does the 'Fine tune alignment' setting do?
                              PC-DMIS CAD++ 2o19 R1 SP11

Comment