X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can someone explain this to me?

Code:
    DIM LOC1= TRUE POSITION OF CIRCLE CIR7  UNITS=MM ,$
    GRAPH=OFF  TEXT=OFF  MULT=10.00  OUTPUT=BOTH  FIT TO DATUMS=OFF  DEV PERPEN CENTERLINE=OFF  DISPLAY=DIAMETER
    AX    NOMINAL       +TOL       -TOL      BONUS       MEAS        DEV     OUTTOL
    X     145.300                                     145.899      0.599           
    Y       0.000                                       0.017      0.017           
    DF     57.200      0.500      0.500                57.745      0.545      0.045 ------->
    TP        RFS      0.500                 0.000                 1.198      0.698 ------->
    END OF DIMENSION LOC1

TP measurement is exactly twice the X value measurement. It's like that on every one of these parts I check.
    CMM Programmer
    Jackson Michigan
    Mistral 7.7.5
    4.3MR2

Originally posted by Sl33stak View Post
    Code:
    GRAPH=OFF  TEXT=OFF  MULT=10.00  OUTPUT=BOTH  FIT TO DATUMS=OFF  DEV PERPEN CENTERLINE=OFF  DISPLAY=DIAMETER
    DF     57.200      0.500      0.500                57.745      0.545      0.045 ------->
    TP        RFS      0.500                 0.000                 1.198      0.698 ------->
    END OF DIMENSION LOC1

TP measurement is exactly twice the X value measurement. It's like that on every one of these parts I check.
    OK, lets see, in the instance you posted, that IS how it works out:

2 X SQRT(.599^2+.017^2) = 1.1984

and when rounding to 3 places, 1.198 so it is correct

Idea #2: are the correct axis being displayed? Does this hole have a 0,0,1 (or close) vector?

0.017 in the formula gives less than 0.0005 additional TP deviation, so in the one you are showing, it IS correct.
    sigpic
    Originally posted by AndersI
    I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

If you calculate tp the math produces the same result as you are seeing in this example at least to the decimal places that it is reporting.

Oops too slow
      Last edited by mrnoname; 10-16-2008, 08:43 AM. Reason: too slow

Comment

Code:
        END OF DIMENSION LOC1

coincident

Comment

Maybe the cmm is doing a concentricity calculation?

Comment

TP is like Runout if you have any and I mean any(0.02) in one axis you can double what the deviation is in the other axis.
            Last edited by canada1_eh; 10-16-2008, 09:23 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by canada1_eh View Post
              TP is like Runout if you have any and I mean any(0.02) in one axis you can double what the deviation is in the other axis.
              I don't follow this one, please explain. .02 mm is more tolerance than I get most days, were you using it as an example for minimum deviation or just a random number?

Comment

Originally posted by canada1_eh View Post
                So if you rotate the part about it's origin and indicate the hole the runout will be just like the TP to that hole?
                Links to my utilities for PCDMIS

Comment

Originally posted by cmmguy View Post
                  So if you rotate the part about it's origin and indicate the hole the runout will be just like the TP to that hole?
                  I think what is meant is that TP will give the same result as RUNOUT if you were able to rotate the part around the PERFECT NOMINAL of the hole feature while indicating the holes. Of course, if the part has it's origin 50mm away from the hole, rotating around the origin will give you one WHOPPING runout value.
                  sigpic
                  I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

OK, OK ,ok,.....I am just a retard...it happens. LOL, I wasn't thinking and rounding threw me for a loop. I hit post and then thought about it and realized I was gonna look like an idiot.

But hey, it looks like you guys had a blast with it though!!
                    CMM Programmer
                    Jackson Michigan
                    Mistral 7.7.5
                    4.3MR2

Comment

OK, OK ,ok,.....I am just a retard...it happens. LOL, I wasn't thinking and rounding threw me for a loop. I hit post and then thought about it and realized I was gonna look like an idiot.

But hey, it looks like you guys had a blast with it though!!
                      ONE THING you might want to keep in mind...

IF this hole is NOT in a flat (0,0,1 vector or similar) surface and IF you are using surface sample hits, you MIGHT want to turn on PERPEN CENTERLINE=ON instead of PERPEN CENTERLINE=OFF. What that will do is give you a 'true' 2-D value and will eliminate the SURFACE deviation from the calculations.
                      sigpic

Comment

Matt is correct working with GD&T alot of your results is 2X the answer. TP, RUNOUT, COAX & CON. if not more.

or maybe it's to early in the morning.
                        sigpic

Comment

Random

Yes

Right

and

Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by AuRules View Post
                            Matt is correct working with GD&T alot of your results is 2X the answer. TP, RUNOUT, COAX & CON. if not more.

This is so ambigious i don't know what to say....

A man with a fish doesn't need his paper a-hole.

Comment

Originally posted by AuRules View Post

NOW, all we need to do is to get the BEER MAKERS of the world to start using DG&T, then when we ask fora 6-pack, you double it for GD&T and we get a 12, eh?

Sort of like converting to metric. Ya double it and add 30, so a 6-pack in METRIC would be:

(6x2)+30 or 42 METRIC beers, eh? OK, I'm all for the metric system now!
                              sigpic

Comment