DOS version of PC-DMIS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DOS version of PC-DMIS

Anybody remember this?? I cut my teeth on the DOS version and was kinda curios if anybody else out there had used it.

I started off on DOS as well. The software sure has come a long way! I remember I was so impressed when you were first able to make CAD solid. I used to go so buggy staring at the wireframe all day!
    sigpic GO LEAFS GO!!!

Stay true to your friends, 'cause they'll save you in the end.
    -Sam Roberts

Comment

HeII, I STILL have it. I do not use it, in fact, I posted not too long ago on this board about directory structure and dug up some old DOS versino programs to show them what Pcdmis did back then and why it was so DANG important to have a rigid, well defined directory structure so you could keep tab on the programs.

In fact, I could run it today if I wanted to, all I need do is take out the archive CD and copy all the stuff back to the hard drive and I would be ready to go. Heck, I still remember the CODE for checking parts using VAL-MEAS 200 (YUCK).
      sigpic
      Originally posted by AndersI
      I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

Cool. I never talked to anyone that has used it for DOS. I started at V2 right when it went 32 bit. I must seem like a younin' to you guys.
        <internet bumper sticker goes here>

Comment

I used AVAIL for a short time. I was never so happy when the Hard drive died on that computer...
          sigpic GO LEAFS GO!!!

Stay true to your friends, 'cause they'll save you in the end.
          -Sam Roberts

Comment

I used OFI/FLB on a Sheffield machine. It was DOS based and you had a hyper-viper card with HPBasic burned on it. Ahh the good old days.
            sigpicYou're just jealous the voices talk to me.

Comment

Started with the BETA version in DOS

BS
              Windows 7
              Pc-Dmis 2015
              Global Performance 7-10-7

Comment

I too have cut my teeth on DOS PC-Dmis. I don't remember what version is was...maybe 1.?

I took a class in Flint Michigan back in 1993 for "curves and surfaces" which is now CAD++

It was an old Validator with the round Z column and the GPIB interface.

It has come a long way and lost some cool features along the way. As well as gained some.

I must say that I don't remember as many bug's with the DOS version. But with complexity, comes the issues we all deal with today.
                sigpiccall me "Plum Crazy"....but you only go around once!

Comment

Yeah my PC DMIS started at v2, but I did the Sheffield "bendex" smart pac that was dos, and then OFI/FLB

Comment

Hmmm...

I started with OFI3PLUS, upgraded to Avail, upgraded to MMIV, switched to Valisys, and finally switched to PCDMIS 3.5Mr2 a lil' over two years ago. It's been a lot of fun and at times a real PAIN IN THE **** over the past ten years...
                    sigpic
                    Xcel 15-20-10 - PFXcel 7-6-5 - Merlin 11-11-7 - Romer Absolute 7525SI
                    PCDMIS 2012
                    Windows Office XP

Comment

At the risk of dating myself, how many out there remember Val-Meas 11? Then came Val-Meas 200 and 300 then AVAIL. I wouldn't go back for anything.

Comment

The slab of rock next to this one had micro measure 3 on it.. runs on a 386 with 4 meg ram
                        sigpic
                        if you had soap on a rope it would be tied to yer ankle

Comment

STILL USE DOS VERSION ON MY MANUAL CMM

Comment

I started on Geomeasure on a Mitutoyo Bright. Then made the evolutionary leap to LKDMIS - That maybe why I don't feel that the bugs in PCDMIS are so bad.
                            sigpic

Comment

I started out on the DOS version seems like eons ago now.

Comment