Purchasing new Software

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Purchasing new Software

We are currently looking to purchase a new software. Currently we are running LK Cmes. The software has done well for what we needed to accomplish. Now we are considering either buying LK DMIS(Camio) or PC-Dmis software. I am asking for some user input for which is more preferred from the community because it''s us programmers who get tasked with making the software meet our employers’ needs. If any of you would mind commenting it would be greatly Thank you for any comments.

Who would like to go first?

Search the forum - you will find a handful of 'opinions'.
    PC-DMIS CAD++ 2o19 R1 SP9

Comment

why do you want another software? because of the CAD abilities?

Comment

Upgrading due to the cad capabilites. More accesible for programming from cad. Just woundering the pros and cons from each other and which one is more preferred.
        Faroguy

Comment

Can't speak for LK Camio - never used it.

Comment

I would go with PCDMAS, no matter what it is the best software out their. That's at least my opinion.
            sigpic

Was
            Pc-dmis 3.5 MR1 B & S 2009 MR1

Now
            2010 MR3

Comment

I love pcdmis. it is very user friendly. I know people who have used both and all but one liked pcdmis better. There are a few here that will sooner of later voice thier opinions who have used both
              sigpicSummer Time. Gotta Love it!

Comment

I've never used anything but Pc-dmis, from what I've been told by many members here that it is the best software for CAD capabilities.

Comment

Before 4.3, PC-DMIS was a very good software... Wait to 4.3MR1, I hope it will become a good software again !!!!!!

Comment

Camio is pure Dmis which means more codes to type.

In my opinion, whichever software takes the least number of keystrokes or mouse clicks to measure a feature or a complete part is the better one. You should have one of your parts inspected by the vendors and compare inspection and DCC programming time as well as the ease to do so.

Beyond user friendliness you may need other features like real time SPC.

When evaluating software you also may inquire about the platform (Windows and Cad) and whether there are service contracts with future upgrades available. Proper support is important.
                    sigpicIt's corona time!
                    737 Xcel Cad++ v2009MR1....SE HABLA ESPAÑOL

Comment

LK camio was ok to run, did not do the programming..This was awhile ago
                      but seemed like decent software. From a programming perspective PCDMIS
                      is about as good as it gets for ease of use and capability.

Just don't get sucked into the need the latest and greatest trap. If you want to explain to your boss why your beta copy has gone for a crap and you can't run your program. There are some very solid releases 3.0263, 3.2, 3.7MR3, 4.2MR1 etc.....stick with these........only used 3.7MR3 for a short period but wrote some good programs with it.

Comment

PC-Dmis is not the #1 CMM software in the world for no reason...Or should I say the one with the most seats out there...
                        Last edited by jkb_mcg; 09-10-2008, 11:59 AM.
                        ~Josh~ Giles Rescue "Ut ceteri vivant"

Comment

Or should I say the one with the most seats out there...

...also the software with the most beta-testers...

Comment

Way back when, I used CMES for windoze, along with LK Surf. I was told by the Lk sales guy at that time, "Oh ya, you can import your CMES programs to run in LKDMIS". This was not true at all. I have only personally seen LK Camio and talked to people that have used it. It has pros/cons compared to Pc-dmis, but seeing as you are going to have to learn a whole new software either way, go for Pc-dmis. Pure DMIS is great, except editing takes a lot of knowledge and work, the coding is set in stone. Pc-dmis is not dmis, but a derivative of that. They basically made it much easier to understand and edit.

My 2 cents.
                            Jim Jewell

Comment

Originally posted by jkb_mcg View Post
                              PC-Dmis is not the #1 CMM software in the world for no reason...Or should I say the one with the most seats out there...
                              Where do you get that information from?
                              Links to my utilities for PCDMIS

Comment