sp25 not calibrating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sp25 not calibrating

I have currently encountered an error when calibrating sp25 probe, never before out of my 4 months experince with this probe. The problem starts of when at the start of measured (tip A0 B0) after the 5 hits, then starts the scanning algorithm. It scans the sphere normally, then comes to the end of the one direction, the unusual occurrs, it pauses for a good 7 minutes, then continues with the same ocurrance at other directions. At the end when the probe utilities window appears, it gives a window with "Renishaw algorithm failed to calculate calibration parameters. The reported error text is: OK, the the convergence criteria have not been reached."
    Does anyone know what is going on with this unusual error in which I have executed before many times with no problems?
    Thanks again gurus!
    Attached Files
    Brown & Sharpe Global Image 7-10-7
    PCDMIS CAD++ v4.3 MR1
    PH10MQ
    SP25M
    sigpic

I can not open the thumbnail. Sounds like you will have to do a re-install. Sounds like the probe file is now corrupted.
    sigpicSummer Time. Gotta Love it!

Comment

Try a different module, the one you have may be bad.
      sigpic GDTPS - 0584

Comment

Corrupted Im with Paul on this one +1 JC
        sigpic
        Jeremy Cavender
        CMM Metrology Engineer
        PC-Dmis 3.2/2010/MR2

Comment

Tried creating a new probe file ran the calibration process, clicking 'no' if the sphere has moved, same outcome. One thing guys, could it be of any coincidence that maybe, our IT guys had to change the port/ip settings for the connections in this PC. The settings were changed because this PC was shutting down all of the network here in the company. At first, no problem connection was at 10mps, they switched it over to 100mps. Currently I have 2 connections, one is for the controller, the other for the network (internet) here at work. Before the crashing of the network, PCDMIS asked me if I wanted to change my port connection, the options were 'yes' or 'no'.
          Alright guys all know this is beyond the demon but I thinking of any possibilities this may have.
          PCDMIS CAD++ v4.3 MR1
          PH10MQ
          SP25M
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by tank_cmm View Post
            Tried creating a new probe file ran the calibration process, clicking 'no' if the sphere has moved, same outcome. One thing guys, could it be of any coincidence that maybe, our IT guys had to change the port/ip settings for the connections in this PC. The settings were changed because this PC was shutting down all of the network here in the company. At first, no problem connection was at 10mps, they switched it over to 100mps. Currently I have 2 connections, one is for the controller, the other for the network (internet) here at work. Before the crashing of the network, PCDMIS asked me if I wanted to change my port connection, the options were 'yes' or 'no'.
            Alright guys all know this is beyond the demon but I thinking of any possibilities this may have.
            7 10 7 is it a B&S or a Sheffield?
            Not sure what your problem is, I don't think it makes any diferrent but you can right click on My Computer/Hardware/Ports/Communication Port (where your controller cable hook up to)/Port Settings and change the baud rate that matches your controller and PCDMIS.
            I have SMP400 controller:
            bps=57600
            data bits=8
            stop bits=1
            parity=none
            flow control=none

Comment

If you don't have the TCP/IP set up, PC-DMIS will ask you to change to the serial connection. If you select yes, then you sill get problems. That could be why the seven minute wait, it's trying to dump the data without any success. Get the TCP/IP connection working back to the controller and you'll prolly be alright.
              sigpic GDTPS - 0584

Comment

Originally posted by tank_cmm View Post
                I have currently encountered an error when calibrating sp25 probe, never before out of my 4 months experince with this probe. The problem starts of when at the start of measured (tip A0 B0) after the 5 hits, then starts the scanning algorithm. It scans the sphere normally, then comes to the end of the one direction, the unusual occurrs, it pauses for a good 7 minutes, then continues with the same ocurrance at other directions. At the end when the probe utilities window appears, it gives a window with "Renishaw algorithm failed to calculate calibration parameters. The reported error text is: OK, the the convergence criteria have not been reached."
                Does anyone know what is going on with this unusual error in which I have executed before many times with no problems?
                Thanks again gurus!
                I had the same problem on one of my machines.....Let me guess you have the 512mb of ram that came on your pc?

Look at your results file & you'll see that it calibrated some or most of the tip's...I used to print out the results list then go back to the utilities window & select only the tips that didnt make it into the results file for (re)-calibration....you may have to do this quite a few times to get all the angles in there....It used to take me 1/2-1 day to get ours calibrated....With 3.5gb of ram the problem is an issue of the past.

Also if you count how many times you have to click ok to your error...That's how many angles you are going to have to recalibrate
                Last edited by spazus_maximus; 09-05-2008, 02:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by inspector212 View Post
                  If you don't have the TCP/IP set up, PC-DMIS will ask you to change to the serial connection. If you select yes, then you sill get problems. That could be why the seven minute wait, it's trying to dump the data without any success. Get the TCP/IP connection working back to the controller and you'll prolly be alright.
                  That could be, but I never seen that code when my TCP/IP wire connector went bad. If it is bad there will be a TCP/IP error when you turn it on and try to home.
                  sigpicSummer Time. Gotta Love it!

Comment

If you need help setting up the TCP/IP stuff; look at my attachment. It is soley for my machine, but it may lead you to the correct conclusion.
                    Last edited by JamesMannes; 09-26-2008, 11:26 AM.
                    sigpic

James Mannes

Comment

I had a similar problem not too long ago. The IT guy had messed with the network settings for the machine and instead of using the ethernet settings, the machine switched to an RS232 setting. Apparently that's not fast enough for the SP25. The machine would space out in the middle of calibration and just sit there.

Here's the old thread.

Hope this helps!
                      Global Image PH10M, SP25, FCR25-L6 CAD++ 2019R1SP10
                      Global Image PH10M+, SP25, FCR25-L6 CAD++ 2019R1SP10
                      MicroExel pfx uha PH6, TP200 CAD++2019R1 SP10

Comment

Thanks everyone for the informative help, I had B&S tech support this morning and the final conclusion was; first the connection speed was set at 100 mbps, s/b set at 10mbps, other configurations that were moved around by the IT dept. Bottomline we ended up performing a system restore, Restoring the settings to 2 months ago when this cunundrum never existed! This is what most likely happened; the demon lost communication with the little red ball (probe), asked me if we should switch over to useable port, I clicked on 'yes' which then that connection started talking to the company network who then cut the connection to everyone and did that for about half the week till they figured it was my computer. IT personal came down moved the settings to where the port from the controller were changed. So lesson learned?
                        Thanks again comrades and may the forceful beeping continue.....
                        PCDMIS CAD++ v4.3 MR1
                        PH10MQ
                        SP25M
                        sigpic

Comment