X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BORE DIA.

Hi. All
    PCDMIS 3.7 MR2
    I am measuring a 16.805mm +/-0.025 dia. bore, my max is 16.824, and min is 16.787, for a measured value of 16.809. But when I dimension roundness it is 0.009, would like some feed back
    Thanks

Isn't .009mm only about .0003?
    not very much - not bad
    sigpicV2014mr1

Comment

Think of it like this
      What is the max size gage pin you could fit and how much gap would you see
      around the pin
      What is the min/max caliper check, do these numbers fall in to the tolerance zone?
      How many hits did you take ?
      could this number grow with more hits.
      How accurate is the cmm when measuring a diameter
      do you have bore gages - prefered measurement- min/max
      what is the mating part going to do (plug gage)

just some thoughts
      DR Watson shut me down again !!!! :mad: Smoke break:eek:

Comment

Originally posted by Clay_Man View Post
        Hi. All
        PCDMIS 3.7 MR2
        I am measuring a 16.805mm +/-0.025 dia. bore, my max is 16.824, and min is 16.787, for a measured value of 16.809. But when I dimension roundness it is 0.009, would like some feed back
        Thanks
        I'm not sure what you are asking here. The measured value falls within the tolerance allowed so what is the problem?

Depending on which analysis method you used for the diameter you could make a few assumtions. If you used:

Least Squares - you could assume that approx. half of your roundness could be added to get max. measurable dia. and half your roundness could be subtracted to get min. measurable dia.

Max. Inscribed - Since this is the max. dia pin that would fit in a hole, all of your roundness value could be added to the measured value to get the max measurable dia.

Min. Circumscribed - Since this is the smallest ring that would fit around a stud, all of your roundness value could be subtracted from the measured value to get the min. measurable dia.

Does any of that help?

Comment

Originally posted by Goodluck View Post
          Originally posted by Clay_Man View Post
          Hi. All
          PCDMIS 3.7 MR2
          Thanks
          I'm not sure what you are asking here. The measured value falls within the tolerance allowed so what is the problem?

Depending on which analysis method you used for the diameter you could make a few assumtions. If you used:

Least Squares - you could assume that approx. half of your roundness could be added to get max. measurable dia. and half your roundness could be subtracted to get min. measurable dia.

Max. Inscribed - Since this is the max. dia pin that would fit in a hole, all of your roundness value could be added to the measured value to get the max measurable dia.

Min. Circumscribed - Since this is the smallest ring that would fit around a stud, all of your roundness value could be subtracted from the measured value to get the min. measurable dia.

Does any of that help?
          I think he is trying to understand the differences.

max and min calculations are completed unrelated to LstSqrd, so you cant add/subtract/etc... and try to find any reasonable comparison...
          Links to my utilities for PCDMIS

Comment

This one really has got me. I'm going to have to think about it
            <internet bumper sticker goes here>

Comment

What? Like a year and six months wasn't enough time?

Comment