Post V4.0 bugs here...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Post V4.0 bugs here...

May as well get this started. I'm downloading it right now to try out (not overwriting 3.7MR3 though!). It would be nice to have just one topic with just bugs found in the new version instead of searching through all the 4.0 posts.

I read a post earlier that said "you not a programmer until you've broken a stylus." After 11 years with PC DMIS (including the DOS version), I've finally done it in version 4.0. I don't know why but I did an iterative alignment and after the manual probing it asked "do you want to measure features now", I click "YES" and the probe kissed the surface plate at about 250mm/second. Those little 1by15mm rubi shank stylus don't seem to take too kindly to the granite. I'm just glad the probe and head are OK. I guess the stylus gave up it's life so that others may live.
    Last edited by Vic Watson; 03-10-2006, 03:02 PM.
    PCDMIS 2015.1
    sigpic

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• Ravenmaniac
      by Ravenmaniac
      Ah....The dreaded day has arrived. we just got our 4.0 upgrade disks. I've been very content with the current 3.7 mr3 version we've been using. It's been...
      07-26-2006, 12:05 PM
    • Duckhunter
      4.0 Released
      by Duckhunter
      Dont know if you guys looked today, but 4.0 was released.....Anyone thinking of changing right away????

Tim
      03-06-2006, 04:39 PM
    • dbusch
      Scans in 4.0
      by dbusch
      Howdy, folks! Haven't posted in quite a while.
      I have just now installed 4.0, and tried it on a few old programs. It does not run the scans...
      10-03-2006, 09:48 AM
    • Old User
      A fine mess (ver 4.0)
      by Old User
      I have been reading all of the info concerning v4.0 and now I have this dilemma.
      We recently upgraded to v4.0 from v1.269, (I'll take the hits,...
      08-09-2006, 12:01 AM
    • kbotta
      re-release of 4.0
      by kbotta
      Any one have any more details on why they re-released this version? The web site does not offer a lot of info.
      Anybody go the newest, and is it...
      03-21-2006, 09:53 AM
    Working...
    X