Styli/Angle Changes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Styli/Angle Changes

I am curious what most of you do. When more than one styli is needed and multiple tip angles, do you probe all possible features with one stylus and then change styli and probe remaining. Or, do you switch back and forth between styli in one angle then move to other angles?
    Measure with one stylus all angles then switch styli
    94.74%
    Measure with one angle and all styli then switch angles and styli again
    5.26%

The poll is expired.

I don't. I will work to find a way to check the entire part with one set up. I do not have a changer and I am still using a PH9 and TP2's.
    sigpic
    Originally posted by AndersI
    I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

My TP20 should be here this week. I currently have two TP2s on a PH10MQ and switch after probing all I can with the first tool.
      sigpicYou're just jealous the voices talk to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Matthew D. Hoedeman
        I don't. I will work to find a way to check the entire part with one set up. I do not have a changer and I am still using a PH9 and TP2's.
        Even though I have a TP20 with modules, I too look for a solution with a single styli. Should I have just stayed out of this one?

Craig
        <internet bumper sticker goes here>

Comment

If I am doing blue-print feature measurement, I start by numbering the print, and then I follow the numbering scheme I have on the print. So when I need to switch tips and/or angles I do it where needed. I use an SP600 and have a total of 4 caps for it that I change out by hand(no changer). Same goes for my TP20.
          sigpic

James Mannes

Comment

I have a PH10MQ with tp2. If i need multiple tips i use a 5way and put the tips and angles i need. I try to write 1 program for the entire part without having to recalibrate.
            sigpic.....Its called golf because all the other 4 letter words were taken

Comment

We have multiple TP20 modules (no changer) and switch as needed by hand.
              "A good design is the one that allows engineers the ability to change gracefully what they forgot to do right the first time!!!"

Comment

I have a TP20, but always find a way to make one stylus work. Never had a changer so I dont know any better.
                sigpicSummer Time. Gotta Love it!

Comment

OOPS! I voted wrong !!!

Yeah- I voted option #2- should have voted #1. Couldn't figure out how to change the vote
                  "listening for the last trump... looking toward the eastern sky"

Comment

I suppose I am a bit spoiled. I have a tp20 & a tp200 changer. So I have a total of 12 stylii at my disposal. I can not think of a program offhand that needs more than 3. I write programs both ways depending on the part and what has to be checked. I would say that most of the time I check each section/view from the print complete and change tips as needed. HTH
                    sigpic"Hated by Many, Loved by Few" _ A.B. - Stone brewery

Comment

WMS
                      WCS
                      When in doubt, post code. A second set of eyes might see something you missed.
                      sigpic

Comment

Ditto to all those who figure a way to get everything with one stylii. I use a TP2- w/ modules but no changer either.
                        Perry
                        B&S Mistral
                        3.207 Beta on XP

Older'n dirt

Comment

I guess I have always just done all the angles and then changed tips. I was just curious. The reason I do it my way is that I don't have a changer and so to continually switch is a big pain in the ***. If I do all of one stylus and then switch to another I can leave the machine to do it's (see if DaddyBluto catches that) thing and I don't have to keep switching the modules.

Comment

Catch and release for the rest of the day.
                            sigpicYou're just jealous the voices talk to me.

Comment

I have a TP200 & a SP600 w/ a PH10MQ. I have several modules and pucks for the TP200 & SP600, so I measure as much as I can w/ the 1st tip then change modules. I also have programs where I switch between the TP200 and the SP600 using the auto joints. No tool changer. Some of my programs there is no other way to measure other than using both the TP200 and the SP600 .
                              PCDmis 3.5mr2 CAD++

Comment