Serialization error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Serialization error

Ok guys here is what i have. I have 3 machines with 3.5 mr2 installed on them. I installed all 3 . I'am the administrator. 2 of the machines work fine, the other one will not let me save programs. I've already gone to exlore and unchecked the read only boxes. I've been to our IT guy and he says since it's a serialization error i should contact B&S. I figured before i do that i would let you guru's have a shot at it. Attached is what the screen tells me when i try to save.Thanks in advance
    Attached Files
    sigpic.....Its called golf because all the other 4 letter words were taken

Just a guess,

Can you remove the minus sign in the header?

Comment

Originally posted by Tested
      Just a guess,

Can you remove the minus sign in the header?

- sign in the header..........you lost me ????

Comment

RELEASE_Audit Program_II SHEET- HEADER.......

^

is that part of your header?

Comment

the - sign is what the software uses to seperate the part name,revision level,serial number when you create a new program

Comment

Sorry just the way it read I thought it might be part of yours.

Comment

I don't think he is seeing that it is part of your file name he may be thinking it is something else. Are you absolutely sure that all 3 machines are the same MR?

Craig
              <internet bumper sticker goes here>

Comment

Positive.........I installed all 3 versions the same day.

I spoke with B&S and they said to try and rename the probe file. I tried and it still did not work. I guess i'll call them again.......I love mondays

Comment

Is the default part program folder set to something valid?

Comment

I found a fix. If i log onto the machine as myself it gives me serialization errors. It will let me rename a program, but will not let me save it or delete it. If i log on as administrator it lets me do anything i want. I think this machine is in need of an exorcism

Comment

XP
                      <internet bumper sticker goes here>

Comment

Originally posted by craiger_ny
                        XP

Yea XP............Come to think about it i did not have to reload the software till we got new PC's.............All with XP, but only 1 gives me a problem...go figure.

Comment

Is the problem fixed???..........If not, go into the folder where your probefiles are located (PCDMIS) and delete the probe file used in that program........This always works for me but I have to rebuild the probe afterwards.

Doberman

Comment

The problem is fixed............Thanks to all

Comment