Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trouble with Machine Start-up

Hi all and thanks for this great forum!

Let me say first that I am a serious newbie with this stuff....so please be patient with my silly questions.

I have a B&S Global, running 3.7 and I am having trouble starting my machine.

Air pressure was low, and I have corrected it. Unit will power up, but when i press the "machine start" button on the jog box, it won't hold.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

CarolX
    CarolX

Failure is not an option.
    What am I, flypaper for freaks?

Have you un-locked the Z column? Just guessing, my machine also has a lock on the z-column, after pressure gets up, you push a button on the column that un-locks it (safety feature so head don't crash into table when pressure is low).
    sigpic
    Originally posted by AndersI
    I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

Why don't you try, restarting your computer. Its amazing how many problems thats cures on bad start ups.
      sigpicSummer Time. Gotta Love it!

Comment

WOW...you guys are awsome! Matthew - if I have a Z column lock, I have no idea where it is...LOL. Paul...trying it as I post.
        CarolX

Comment

Or, Mine has 3 levers that must be in the correct position (down on mine) to work. Had the same problem after lunch one day right after getting the machine. As I dialed tech support our QE walked in. He had done it as a joke and I didn't see. I hung up fast.
          The levers are on the bridge, near the Z-axis.

Welcome aboard, and remember, there are no silly or stupid questions. You may see some good-natured joking here, but the answers are great and these guys know when to get serious.
          When in doubt, post code. A second set of eyes might see something you missed.
          sigpic

Comment

BTW...anyone have issues with anit-virus software and machine communications? Just thinking out loud.

My new IT guy just updated our software...
            Last edited by CarolX; 06-12-2006, 12:32 PM.
            CarolX

Comment

Welcome aboard, your spelling and gramar look acceptable so you will have no IMMEDIATE problems here. The button for the Z rail is typically located near the counter balance adjustment. It should be somewhere on the Z rail shroud, I say typically though.

As Paul said reboot is the cheapest solution to probably 50% of what makes you feel like smashing things.
              <internet bumper sticker goes here>

Comment

Originally posted by John Kingston
                As I dialed tech support our QE walked in. He had done it as a joke and I didn't see. I hung up fast.
                Some folks idea of humor WAY not funny!
                CarolX

Comment

Originally posted by CarolX
                  WOW...you guys are awsome! Matthew - if I have a Z column lock, I have no idea where it is...LOL. Paul...trying it as I post.
                  You have lock out bottuns that light up when they are activated. On the cmm and also on the hand contoller. I also remember when I would deactivate the probe, by somehow turning that on too. It would run but not register the hits.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Sarrach
                    You have lock out bottuns that light up when they are activated. On the cmm and also on the hand contoller. I also remember when I would deactivate the probe, by somehow turning that on too. It would run but not register the hits.
                    Head is bowed in shame....LOL. Somehow (probably a knee), someone (probably yours truly) hit the lockout on the CMM. All better now!

Originally posted by craiger_ny
                    Welcome aboard, your spelling and gramar look acceptable so you will have no IMMEDIATE problems here.
                    LOL...I know how that goes...I mod on a forum for quality programs. Some of the gramaticals are a hoot - espcially from those whose native is not English.

Thanks again everyone!!!
                    CarolX

Comment

Originally posted by CarolX
                      LOL...I know how that goes...I mod on a forum for quality programs. Some of the gramaticals are a hoot - espcially from those whose native is not English.

Thanks again everyone!!!
                      We have a couple of natives here (DaddyBluto and his little toady Dave Fiola) that lurk around just waiting for one of us to slip on an e before i but you didn't hear that from me. Be careful with those two they are human spell checkers (also the biggest trouble makers here in my opinion).

Craig
                      <internet bumper sticker goes here>

Comment

Now I may have worstest here when it comes to grammer. But I know a thing or two about a thing or two. English is just not one of them

Comment

blah blah blah,,,,,,,(also the biggest trouble makers here in my opinion).

Craig
                          LOL - Pot, Kettle, Black. Need I say more?
                          When in doubt, post code. A second set of eyes might see something you missed.
                          sigpic

Comment

Welcome aboard, your spelling and gramar look acceptable so you will have no IMMEDIATE problems here. The button for the Z rail is typically located near the counter balance adjustment. It should be somewhere on the Z rail shroud, I say typically though.

As Paul said reboot is the cheapest solution to probably 50% of what makes you feel like smashing things.
                            grammar

Welcome aboard!!! We are all nuts. That is why we do this job.
                            sigpicYou're just jealous the voices talk to me.

Comment

We have a couple of natives here (DaddyBluto and his little toady Dave Fiola) that lurk around just waiting for one of us to slip on an e before i but you didn't hear that from me. Be careful with those two they are human spell checkers (also the biggest trouble makers here in my opinion).

Craig
                              Don't forget Wes.
                              sigpicYou're just jealous the voices talk to me.

Comment