Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Report Headings

OK here goes with version 4 queries
    In the report templates - how do you remove and or replace the PC-DMIS heading in the top left hand corner?
    we had the old version replaced with our company logo
    If I have offended anyone with this post, I'd like to take this opportunity to say BOLLOCKS
    Dry your eyes Princess and man up.

I believe you have to go to the install directory and modify the logo.dat file, call out your .jpg file instead of theirs.

Comment

Since v4.0 now uses its own Reporting window for reports, modifying the logo.dat will no longer change the display of the header in the report. Modifying logo.dat will only modify the header in the Edit window. So, changing the header information is somewhat more involved than it used to be, at least until you get used to the report and label templates. But, the new template approach to reporting also provides you with a lot of power and flexibility.

Your report template (by default this is textonly.rtp) calls a label template to display the header information (by default this is FILE_HEADER.LBL). So, this is the file you will need to modify.

Note that report or label template files that ship with PC-DMIS are protected with a read-only attribute to prevent any inadvertent modification. Make a copy of the Reporting subdirectory and store it in a safe place before continuing (you can then restore that directory if your changes happen to cause problems).
      1. Remove the read-only attribute.
        • Using Windows Explorer, navigate to the file FILE_HEADER.LBL in your Reporting subdirectory.
        • Right-click on it, and select Properties from the menu. The Properties dialog appears.
        • Where it says Attributes deselect the Read-only check box.
        • Click OK.
      2. Open the file in the Label Template editor.
        • Select File | Reporting | Edit | Label Template. An Open dialog appears.
        • Select the FILE_HEADER.LBL template and click Open.
        • In the Label Template Editor you should now see the edit area filled with a GridControlObject. This object controls all the header data that you see in the report.
      3. Change the graphic.
        • Double-click on the GridControlObject. You will see a hash border around the object. This tells you that you can edit the code or items inside of the header.
        • Right-click on the PC-DMIS graphic and a Grid Properties dialog appears.
        • In the Cell tab, click Select. An Open dialog box appears.
        • Navigate to the graphic image you want in the header, select it, and click Open. The dialog box closes.
        • Click Apply. The new graphic appears in the cell.
      4. Save and test the modified label template.
        • Once you have things as you like it, click OK, and then select File | Save to save your changed Label Template.
        • Select File | Close to close the Label template editor, returning to your part program.
        • Select View | Report window. If your change doesn't immediately appear, select the Redraw the Report icon from the Reporting toolbar.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by JaredHess; 03-10-2006, 12:45 PM.
      Jared Hess - Techwriter @ WAI
      [View Reporting Tutorials Here]

Comment

Jared:
        when I try to perform #2 I can select file then reporting but after that I do not have an edit label template.
        can you help me with this?

Comment

I tried this out. What you need to do is...after double-clicking the object and then right clicking the object to get the info window up; go back and left click the PC-DMIS logo object and it will become highlighted.
          sigpic

James Mannes

Comment

Originally posted by kevin strine
            when I try to perform #2 I can select file then reporting but after that I do not have an edit label template.
            can you help me with this?
            Kevin,

I originally wrote that you need to select File | Reporting | Edit Label Template. My mistake. It should read, "Select File | Reporting | Edit | Label Template" (see attached). I have modified my previous post. Hope this helps.
            Attached Files

Comment

Jared: thank you. That worked great. now I just need to figure out how to get the printer to print the report not the edit window.

Comment

Thanks Jared, just what I needed
                If I have offended anyone with this post, I'd like to take this opportunity to say BOLLOCKS

Comment

Hi Kevin, I am not at work right now so this might not be right as I have only had V4 for a day. Click on edit, then print options, it should have a line there for report printing.

Comment

Sorry not edit, but file, then print options

Comment

Originally posted by kevin strine
                      ...now I just need to figure out how to get the printer to print the report not the edit window.
                      Kevin, there is a Print the report icon on the toolbar of the Report window. Alternately, you can select File | Printing | Report Print Setup to automatically have PC-DMIS send your report to the printer.

Comment

The report is printing the edit screen with the alignments and features along with the dimensions.
                        Last edited by kevin strine; 03-10-2006, 03:31 PM.

Comment

Kevin,

Sorry, I don't know what to tell you. I've done a fresh install of the v4.0 release and tested printing from the Report window and from the menu item, and it works fine on my end... Just some thoughts... Is this a program from an older version of PC-DMIS or a new program in v4.0? If it's older, do you get the same results when printing from a new program created in v4.0? Maybe somone else has other ideas.

Comment

Thanks anyway. I'll play with it when I have more time.

Comment