Losing Graphics Display Window

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Losing Graphics Display Window

Running 4.2Mr1, The Hexigon cal. tech has been here this week calibrating our CMMs and (it seems) when they leave, I have some type of software problem. Anyway, when I execute my programs from the edit window (normally the screen changes to the graphics display screen and I can view the probe measuring the part) ... now, the graphics display screen disappears and the tool bar is the only view on the screen. When the program is complete ... the graphics display returns and doesn't go back to the edit window. Any suggestions?? Is this one of the corrupt gbarstat.dat file things? Thanks

Originally posted by DOUG MORTON View Post
    Running 4.2Mr1, The Hexigon cal. tech has been here this week calibrating our CMMs and (it seems) when they leave, I have some type of software problem. Anyway, when I execute my programs from the edit window (normally the screen changes to the graphics display screen and I can view the probe measuring the part) ... now, the graphics display screen disappears and the tool bar is the only view on the screen. When the program is complete ... the graphics display returns and doesn't go back to the edit window. Any suggestions?? Is this one of the corrupt gbarstat.dat file things? Thanks

You need to set up a windows layout the way you want it. Let me know if you need help with that.
    ~Josh~ Giles Rescue "Ut ceteri vivant"

Comment

Originally posted by jkb_mcg View Post
      You need to set up a windows layout the way you want it. Let me know if you need help with that.
      Thanks, I'll try that ... even though I've never needed to until now. If I have trouble, I'll PM ya. Thanks again.

Comment

when running a program, pause it , and then go to view> and turn on the graphics window and then procede . Save when done. should fix it.
        sigpicV2014mr1

Comment

Originally posted by mtalla View Post
          when running a program, pause it , and then go to view> and turn on the graphics window and then procede . Save when done. should fix it.
          That worked ... now toolbar is re-arranged and "grayed"????? I'll pause again and put my toolbar back in-order. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by DOUG MORTON View Post
            That worked ... now toolbar is re-arranged and "grayed"????? I'll pause again and put my toolbar back in-order. Thanks
            Which one is grayed? You shouldn't need all your toolbars on there when executing a program. That's probably why they're gray cause you can't use them during execution.
            ~Josh~ Giles Rescue "Ut ceteri vivant"

Comment

Note that PC-DMIS remembers has two different states for your windows and toolbars:

1) During programming.
              2) During execution.

This means windows and toolbars that were set up for your programming environment may not be the same during execution. Simply pause execution set things as you want them and resume. The next time you execute, PC-DMIS should remember what you have opened and where you positioned them.
              Jared Hess - Techwriter @ WAI
              [View 2008 Reporting Tutorials Here]

Comment

Thanks guys ... eveything is back to normal. I didn't know you could pause during execution and make changes! Learn something new everyday. Thanks again.

Comment