Custom Report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom Report

Does anyone know how to display "Report Comments" in a custom report?

PCD version?
    Lately, it occurs to me
    What a long, strange trip it's been.

2017 R1 (Offline programming)

Comment

Wouldn’t Insert/ Report Command/ Comment/Display on Report, still work.
      I have not tried it with a custom report.
      sigpichttp://npmichaels.com/ (My sons book)
      THANKS (CAD IS ALWAYS MASTER)
      4.3 & 4.2MR2/GLOBAL/PH10MQ/WINDOWS XP

Comment

Yes
        sigpic
        Jeremy Cavender
        CMM Metrology Engineer
        PC-Dmis 3.2/2010/MR2

Comment

Custom Report

Version 4.2

Comment

You'd have to drag them onto the report from the Summary mode like anything else in Custom Reporting. First, drag a CommandTextObject onto the Report, and then drag the Comment command on top of that.
            Jared Hess - Techwriter @ WAI
            [View 2008 Reporting Tutorials Here]

Comment

Right click your textreportobject in your report template and check the "ShowComments" box.
              I used to be high on life but I built up a tolerance.

Brown & Sharpe Global Advantage
              PCDMIS CAD++ v2011mr2
              PH10MQ/SP600M

sigpic

Comment

You can download the 4.2 manual from Wilcox.
                sigpichttp://npmichaels.com/ (My sons book)
                THANKS (CAD IS ALWAYS MASTER)
                4.3 & 4.2MR2/GLOBAL/PH10MQ/WINDOWS XP

Comment

Custom Reports

Thanks guys

Comment

I think some of the difficulty in the responses here is due to the nomenclature used. When you say "custom report" are you referring to a customized report template?

If so, then Underspec's suggestion should work.

Or are you referring to a "Custom Report" as PC-DMIS uses the phrase (ie File | Reporting | New | Custom Report)?

If the latter, please understand that a Custom Report in PC-DMIS is an entirely different thing from a customized report template. And modifying a report template wouldn't affect a Custom Report at all. In my response I assumed you meant the latter.

Comment

Hi Jared - I'd like to call on your reporting Guru-ness!

Back in the good 'ol hyperview days (PC-DMIS Ver 3.7) I was able to customise anything and get the report looking just how I wanted it. I'm having a bit of trouble with the new mechanisms (PC-DMIS Ver 2010 MR3) - and I'm not sure if I should be using the Custom Report or a customised report template.

I want to show a view of the CAD model with 8 Dim Info boxes positioned in particular places and I'd like to control which dimension each Dim Info box displays. On the next page I'd like a different view of the CAD model with 12 Dim Info boxes positioned in different places.

When I try this with a Custom Report, each page ends up with the same CAD view on it although the Dim Info boxes are all good.

When I try this with a customised report template, I can get the right CAD views but the Dim Info boxes are not displayed as I want them and I have no control over which dimension they display (apart from re-ordering them in my program).

Could you give me a couple of pointers on how I might overcome these challenges? I'd really appreciate it!!

I might even cheer for the USA rugby team against Ireland on Sunday

TIA,
                      Leni

Comment

Originally posted by NZ CMM Girl View Post

Hi Jared - I'd like to call on your reporting Guru-ness!

Back in the good 'ol hyperview days (PC-DMIS Ver 3.7) I was able to customise anything and get the report looking just how I wanted it. I'm having a bit of trouble with the new mechanisms (PC-DMIS Ver 2010 MR3) - and I'm not sure if I should be using the Custom Report or a customised report template.

I want to show a view of the CAD model with 8 Dim Info boxes positioned in particular places and I'd like to control which dimension each Dim Info box displays. On the next page I'd like a different view of the CAD model with 12 Dim Info boxes positioned in different places.

When I try this with a Custom Report, each page ends up with the same CAD view on it although the Dim Info boxes are all good.

When I try this with a customised report template, I can get the right CAD views but the Dim Info boxes are not displayed as I want them and I have no control over which dimension they display (apart from re-ordering them in my program).

Could you give me a couple of pointers on how I might overcome these challenges? I'd really appreciate it!!

I might even cheer for the USA rugby team against Ireland on Sunday

TIA,
                        Leni
                        Hey NZGirl,

I don't make reports like that. In case you haven't seen them, I would direct your attention to the link below Jared's signature. There are several excellent tutorials on reporting there that he created. I seem to recall one or more of them covers the type of reports you are trying to create, but it has been a while since I last viewed them and the memory seems to leak a little more with each passing year.

HTH
                        sigpic"Hated by Many, Loved by Few" _ A.B. - Stone brewery

Comment

Thanks Wes,

I've watched the tutorials over and over - lots of really good info - although not quite what I want. I guess I'd also like to understand what the developers thought process was behind the two types of reports - what situations did they expect us to use the different types for?

Thanks for your help,
                          Leni

Comment

Hi Leni, to be honest, I've not had much to do with reporting for quite a while now, so my guru-ness may be fading. I think I'd have to reacquaint myself with my own tutorials.

As to situations for using each one, I'm not sure. That's up to you I suppose. Perhaps "Creating Custom Reports" topic from the help file may give you some ideas of when to use each and the disadvantages and advantages.

From my experience, if I wanted my reports to have the exact same look and feel across multiple part programs, I would probably use a report template. If I wanted a quick-and-easy report associated with just one part program and a little more freedom as to the placement of labels, I'd use a custom report.

If I can get some time, I'll take a moment and see if I have any bright ideas for what you're trying to do. If not, we do support using legacy Hyper reports. See "Using Legacy (HyperView) Reporting" in the Help.

Good luck!

Comment