Is Datapage the solution for SPC?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Datapage the solution for SPC?

My boss and his cohorts are asking me if PC-Dmis is capable of dumping out SPC data. I don't know much about SPC. So, I ask all of you....Is Datapage the solution for this? Or should I try another route?
    ~Josh~ Giles Rescue "Ut ceteri vivant"

Yes. It does depend on what you want to do with this data. Datapage itself works well and seemlessly with Pc-dmis.

It doesn't have the best printing capabilites, but has all the calculations built in that you could ever need. Most of my clients take the data and dump them into Excel spreadsheets to make them pretty.

PM me if you need more info...
    Jim Jewell

Comment

Datapage works really well for collecting data, but I don't like the output of most of the reports. Like jjewel said I dump from datapage to a txt file and then import into the excel report of my choice. It's a relatively simple process.
      Saving the world, one bad part at a time.

Comment

Originally posted by jjewell View Post
        Yes. It does depend on what you want to do with this data. Datapage itself works well and seemlessly with Pc-dmis.

It doesn't have the best printing capabilites, but has all the calculations built in that you could ever need. Most of my clients take the data and dump them into Excel spreadsheets to make them pretty.

PM me if you need more info...

I'll try and find out more on what they want to do with the data. Any idea how much it is? I'm sure it's just an add-on to the current portlock, right?
        ~Josh~ Giles Rescue "Ut ceteri vivant"

Comment

I use DataPage and have not had any complaints form our customers. I also have several excel formats that I send them to also. I am sure there are better data bases out there.
          sigpichttp://npmichaels.com/ (My sons book)
          THANKS (CAD IS ALWAYS MASTER)
          4.3 & 4.2MR2/GLOBAL/PH10MQ/WINDOWS XP

Comment

Originally posted by jkb_mcg View Post
            My boss and his cohorts are asking me if PC-Dmis is capable of dumping out SPC data. I don't know much about SPC. So, I ask all of you....Is Datapage the solution for this? Or should I try another route?
            I have tried QC-CALC, and I have used the export function in DMIS. I use DATAPAGE on all of my machines and like it quite a bit. It does everything we need it to do and has never made an error on its own; I have made errors but I don't recall DATAPAGE messing. It takes a little bit of getting used to the conventions that it uses but after that your on the way to statistics "ville".
            sigpic

James Mannes

Comment

Personally, from my limited use, I think DataPage works well for collecting the data. As far as charting, I used to do extensive SPC Charting, Reporting and process controls for another company and I used Northwest Analytical's Quality Analyst. A very easy, flexible and power statistics reporting program, and I don't see that their new version would have any trouble connecting directly to the Datapage database to read data without exporting. No I don't work for them, it's just a program that did a great job of what it was supposed to do, and allowed you the flexibility to create charts that you or your customer wanted, with the stats you want and not what some programmer felt you should be using.
              Kevin N. Thompson - Thompson Digital Image
              Quality Manager - Rj Link International

Comment

Check out Mitutoyos measurlink, I have not used it yet, but it says you can directly dump CMM data into it. No SMA BS, the package looks very good for the money.
                I talk dirty to my cmm. Justn

Comment

We bought Datapage about five years ago and we have had no customer complaints about the data we send them. I don't remember for sure what the price was, but I think around $3500.
                  DeWain Hodge

Comment

QC-Calc works great. I have used it for the past 4 or 5 years. InfinityQS works good as well.
                    sigpic

Brain- Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?
                    Pinky- I think so, but where will we find an open tattoo parlor at this time of night?

Comment