Reported Angle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reported Angle

Can anyone tell me how I can force a reported ANGLE to the angle call out on the print? I have a 15° angle call out on the print. When I ask for the angle between the two lines, it reports out as 75° if I am in the Z Plus work plane and 105° if I am in the Z Minus work plane. If I change the actual to 15° the measured does not change. From this I can tell the measured angle is correct, but I want to report the angle as it is called out. I am using 4.2 MR1 on an LK G90C 20.12.10
    Marty Dobson
    Director of Quality
    http://www.linkedin.com/in/mjdobson

PC-DMIS CAD V4.2 MR1 & V2011
    PH10MQ
    TP200

I had luck before with just changing the Nominal in the tolerancing section and re-running the program. There is something in the properties in one of the tabs where you pick format what prints when you output. I think in one of those tabs there is a preferences for angle outputs. It's been a while. Or maybe in the tolerance box for the angle itself it gives you a choice to use the complement.
    sigpic

Comment

Is your setup options (F5) Dimensions 0 to 380? Try changing to 0 to 180.
      sigpicIt's corona time!
      737 Xcel Cad++ v2009MR1....SE HABLA ESPAÑOL

Comment

Originally posted by Roberto View Post
        really? I ended up rotating my alignment so i could report the propper angle or using variables. Huh I will check it out.

Comment

Originally posted by mdobb829 View Post
          Can anyone tell me how I can force a reported ANGLE to the angle call out on the print? I have a 15° angle call out on the print. When I ask for the angle between the two lines, it reports out as 75° if I am in the Z Plus work plane and 105° if I am in the Z Minus work plane. If I change the actual to 15° the measured does not change. From this I can tell the measured angle is correct, but I want to report the angle as it is called out. I am using 4.2 MR1 on an LK G90C 20.12.10
          Have you tried flipping the vectors of either of the lines so that the included angle between them becomes 15º?
          Links to my utilities for PCDMIS

Comment

Originally posted by Roberto View Post
            Yes - that is what I was remembering! Don't have it in front of me right now.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by cmmguy View Post
              Have you tried flipping the vectors of either of the lines so that the included angle between them becomes 15º?
              ohh, yeah, I forgot about that too.

Comment

[code]
                IM ANGL1= 2D ANGLE (TRUE) FROM LINE LIN120L TO LINE LIN120R ,$
                GRAPH=OFF TEXT=OFF MULT=10.00 OUTPUT=BOTH
                AX NOMINAL +TOL -TOL MEAS DEV OUTTOL
                A -22,00,00 1,00,00 1,00,00 -22,47,39 -0,47,39 0,00,00 #--------

Try placing your cursor where it says true after you change your noms to the angle you want and hit F7 click off and then do it again the F7 should get you close then change your noms again
                sigpic
                if you had soap on a rope it would be tied to yer ankle

Comment

Originally posted by T Miller View Post
                  [code]
                  IM ANGL1= 2D ANGLE (TRUE) FROM LINE LIN120L TO LINE LIN120R ,$
                  GRAPH=OFF TEXT=OFF MULT=10.00 OUTPUT=BOTH
                  AX NOMINAL +TOL -TOL MEAS DEV OUTTOL
                  A -22,00,00 1,00,00 1,00,00 -22,47,39 -0,47,39 0,00,00 #--------

Try placing your cursor where it says true after you change your noms to the angle you want and hit F7 click off and then do it again the F7 should get you close then change your noms again

T Miller,
                  He's using v4.2, that option is no longer available

Hopefully is put back in 4.3...
                  Last edited by Roberto; 08-02-2008, 07:35 AM.
                  sigpicIt's corona time!
                  737 Xcel Cad++ v2009MR1....SE HABLA ESPAÑOL

Comment

My mistake I didn't look to see what version. Not that I would have know they took it out.
                    sigpic
                    if you had soap on a rope it would be tied to yer ankle

Comment

I agree with flipping the line vectors to create the 15 degrees. I am not sure, but I beleive you may wish to construct the lines in the same working plane as you will dimension the results.
                      ["Paper is poverty,... it is only the ghost of money, and not money itself." --Thomas Jefferson ][/SIGPIC]

Comment

When you dimension your angle, you enter in the + and - tolerances and below those 2 boxes is one called nominal, enter the nominal angle there and it will report correct angle.

Comment

Originally posted by scanner View Post
                          When you dimension your angle, you enter in the + and - tolerances and below those 2 boxes is one called nominal, enter the nominal angle there and it will report correct angle.
                          This is what I do in 3.7mr3 and it ALWAYS works for me. Not sure if you have the option to do this in 4.2.

Comment

Originally posted by Goodluck View Post
                            This is what I do in 3.7mr3 and it ALWAYS works for me. Not sure if you have the option to do this in 4.2.

It's there, just used it today.

Comment

You can also just change the nominal in your edit window and re-run the program and it will do the same.

Did we get this problem fixed yet?
                              sigpic

Comment