True Pos Locators for Threaded holes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• True Pos Locators for Threaded holes

Who knows where to get True Pos hole locators for threaded holes. Perferalby in the Detroit Michigan area.
    sigpicSummer Time. Gotta Love it!

http://www.lavezzi.com/TruPos.html

BS
    Windows 7
    Pc-Dmis 2015
    Global Performance 7-10-7

Comment

there is a company called LAVEZZI PRECISION in Glendale Heights IL phone 708 582-1230
      2013 MRI
      B&S DEA Ghibli & Global

Comment

where/How you use it?

Hi friends,

Can you please explain How/Where do you use these True-Position Hole Locators? ( I mean what it is the purpose).

Regards

Comment

True Pos

You can try Mitutoyo there in detoit the number is (734)459-2810 there located at 45001 Five mile Rd Plymouth, MI 48170

Comment

They are precision ground with a thread and a concentric known size diameter, so you screw it into the threaded hole then measure the known size diameter enabling you to report the location of the pitch diameter as opposed to the thread minor. HTH
            sigpic"Hated by Many, Loved by Few" _ A.B. - Stone brewery

Comment

True pos are use to check holes with thread you will get better reading with these.

Comment

If you have a large enough tolerance and making a program use the pitch feature in your auto-circle to follow the pitch of the thread. Better that stopping your program and screwing locators into your part.

BS
                Windows 7
                Pc-Dmis 2015
                Global Performance 7-10-7

Comment

I use the BSchwark method. Most of our threaded hole stuff is TP'd at around 0.015. That is plenty of tolerance to just go in and hit the minor.
                  <internet bumper sticker goes here>

Comment

I use a shoulder bolt with the head ground off. That usually gets me close enough for a threaded hole.
                    sigpic Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely, but rather a skid in broadside, totally worn, proclaiming WOW What a ride!

Comment

BSchwark,
                      What is this "pitch feature" you speak of and how does one use it?

Comment

I use locators for threaded holes. Way more accurate.
                        sigpic.....Its called golf because all the other 4 letter words were taken

Comment

When you use auto circle or auto cylinder, enter the minor diameter for the dia & just below the start/stop angles you will see a box marked pitch. Enter your pitch there. Pitch is = 1/threads per inch. For example a 1/4-20 pitch is .05 and a 1/4-28 is .035714286. Using this will cause the tip to move "up" in pitch as it moves around the whole, thereby mirroring the thread spiral. HTH
                          sigpic"Hated by Many, Loved by Few" _ A.B. - Stone brewery

Comment

Remember, use whatever convention you are in. If your program is metric, use a metric value for the pitch, if in english, us english.
                            sigpic
                            Originally posted by AndersI
                            I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

Depending on your version and license you may not have auto features (I want to say you would have auto circles at aminimum but I can't be sure) so you can also manually change the amount you go into a hole by changing the hit value. To use the Z plane and a 1/4-20 hole measured with 6 hits as an example you would change the Z hit value of the second hit by adding (or subtracting) 0.0083 to it then the second hit's Z value would need to be changed by 0.0166, the third 0.0249 etc. This is essentially what PCDMIS is doing with the pitch function. If I am not mistaken auto circles comes with every package but I don't know what version they started doing that. Someone else may be able to straighten me out on that one.

Craig
                              <internet bumper sticker goes here>

Comment