Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Training

Hi everyone,

Can anyone recommend any training classes in Illinois that I can take. I have been put "in charge " of programming for awhile now and I haven't had any formal training, Just the simple training for ex. click here click here click here click here LOL. Im pushing the HR guy but he says there's nothing available, as far as Pc- dmis training goes, At the moment but I seriously doubt that, Well if any one can recommend any training classes at all let me know

We took the training class offered by Hexagon. They will come out to your place and train for three days. It is very good. I would recamend one or two people at the most to take it. You can also go to a Hexagon class in Dallas as well, and there may be one closer to youl. I would go to http://www.wilcoxassoc.com/contactin...o.php#training That is Hexagons training page and you should be able to find your answer there.
    sigpic:cool:Out of This World:cool:

Windows XP; PC-DMIS 4.2MR1; One year tucked away.

Comment

You can go to Wixom in michigan for training. I would suggest go to the Cad++ or the advanced if you have used pcdmis for a while. The first class is just basic manual alignments and things like that. I have went to Wixom for all of my classes and i would go there anytime. There are great there.
      sigpic Great stuff!!!

Comment

How far are you from Elgin, IL?
        That's where pcdmis training classes are.
        sigpicIt's corona time!
        737 Xcel Cad++ v2009MR1....SE HABLA ESPAƑOL

Comment

Elgin is where you'd probably want to go.
          sigpic

Comment

http://training.hexagonmetrology.us/

Try this web address and look at course catalog. HTH.

Comment

Originally posted by scanner View Post
              http://training.hexagonmetrology.us/

Try this web address and look at course catalog. HTH.
              Whats the difference between Cad and pro????? PC-DMIS CAD - Elgin, IL 08/11/08
              Price: $1,750 - Course Length: 5 days - Prerequisite: Basic Knowledge of PCs in the Windows Environment
              [Course Details...]

PC-DMIS PRO - Elgin, IL 08/11/08
              Price: $1,050 - Course Length: 3 days - Prerequisite: Basic Knowledge of PCs in the Windows Environment
              [Course Details...]

PC-DMIS CAD - Elgin, IL 08/25/08
              Price: $1,750 - Course Length: 5 days - Prerequisite: Basic Knowledge of PCs in the Windows Environment
              [Course Details...]

PC-DMIS CAD ++ - Elgin, IL 09/15/08
              Price: $1,400 - Course Length: 4 days - Prerequisite: Basic PC-DMIS CAD Plus 100 hours
              [Course Details...]

PC-DMIS CAD - Elgin, IL 09/22/08
              [Course Details...]

PC-DMIS PRO - Elgin, IL 09/22/08
              Price: $1,050 - Course Length: 3 days - Prerequisite: Basic Knowledge of PCs in the Windows Environment
              [Course Details...]

Comment

Originally posted by Giovannid View Post
                Whats the difference between Cad and pro????? PC-DMIS CAD - Elgin, IL 08/11/08
                [Course Details...]

PC-DMIS PRO - Elgin, IL 08/11/08
                [Course Details...]

PC-DMIS CAD - Elgin, IL 08/25/08
                [Course Details...]

PC-DMIS CAD ++ - Elgin, IL 09/15/08
                Price: $1,400 - Course Length: 4 days - Prerequisite: Basic PC-DMIS CAD Plus 100 hours
                [Course Details...]

PC-DMIS CAD - Elgin, IL 09/22/08
                [Course Details...]

PC-DMIS PRO - Elgin, IL 09/22/08
                [Course Details...]
                I believe CAD is the basic class, not sure about the rest. Give them a call.

Comment

I myself have never been to a training class, just wishfull thinking on my part so far.

Comment

CAD should cover basic CAD alignments and scanning. Pretty sure PRO doesn't go over any CAD programming.
                    ~Josh~ Giles Rescue "Ut ceteri vivant"

Comment

Originally posted by scanner View Post
                      I believe CAD is the basic class, not sure about the rest. Give them a call.
                      Nope
                      Originally posted by jkb_mcg View Post
                      CAD should cover basic CAD alignments and scanning. Pretty sure PRO doesn't go over any CAD programming.
                      And a second Nope

Pro, CAD, CAD++ are the versions of software training available. Not everyone has the same software bundle. It depends on your needs and pocketbook. CAD++ is all the bells and whistles, CAD is less technical, and PRO is less technical than CAD. Please talk to your Sales Representative. In your area it should be Rick Schaeffer (1-847-867-1737). Also, ask him to send you information on the upcoming PC-DMIS User Group Meeting, it is being held in West Bend WI which isn't that far for you really, it's about 2.5 hours.
                      sigpic

James Mannes

Comment

We currently have Version 4.2 Mr1 What class would you recommend JBK MCG?

Comment

Originally posted by JamesMannes View Post
                          Nope

And a second Nope

Pro, CAD, CAD++ are the versions of software training available. Not everyone has the same software bundle. It depends on your needs and pocketbook. CAD++ is all the bells and whistles, CAD is less technical, and PRO is less technical than CAD. Please talk to your Sales Representative. In your area it should be Rick Schaeffer (1-847-867-1737). Also, ask him to send you information on the upcoming PC-DMIS User Group Meeting, it is being held in West Bend WI which isn't that far for you really, it's about 2.5 hours.

James, your always cuttin my down! What gives man? I don't think I'm fully wrong. PRO doesn't have CAD capabilities. So as I stated, the training doesn't cover CAD. I think our answers are about the same.

Originally posted by Giovannid View Post
                          We currently have Version 4.2 Mr1 What class would you recommend JBK MCG?
                          What do you have? Pro, CAD, or CAD++???
                          ~Josh~ Giles Rescue "Ut ceteri vivant"

Comment

Originally posted by JamesMannes View Post
                            I assumed he had CAD, my mistake, but from what Rick told me even if you have CAD++ you would first go to CAD basic, then go back for CAD++ in the future. Prerequisite for CAD++ is CAD basic plus 100 hrs.

Comment

Originally posted by jkb_mcg View Post
                              James, your always cuttin my down! What gives man? I don't think I'm fully wrong. PRO doesn't have CAD capabilities. So as I stated, the training doesn't cover CAD. I think our answers are about the same.

What do you have? Pro, CAD, or CAD++???
                              Sorry man nothing meant by it. I'm just answering quickly and probably not putting enough "finesse" into my answers and they probably sound a little harsh? My apologies.
                              sigpic

James Mannes

Comment