Full contact scanning using PCDmis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Full contact scanning using PCDmis

How would I go about doing a full contact scan with a DCC machine & PCDmis? Do I have to turn the motors off & do it manualy? Im looking at getting a Renishaw SP25M scan probe, has anyone had any experiance with these?

Get yourself set up for a demonstration.
    No, it's not that simple. If it was my pet monkey would be going to work instead of me. But seriously, get a demo, and depending on what you want this for, you may want to look into the extra expense and go to a Laser system instead. As far as I'm concerned my SP600 is outdated(and thus, so is the SP25). We had the 100k in our budget this year for a portable laser on an arm(perceptron), but it got sent to next years budget. But, I know people in the industry and have spoken with them and they do laser layout of our non critical characteristics on many of our parts. It takes a fraction of the time and gives you much more data in a more concise format.
    sigpic

James Mannes

Comment

I've seen a demo of a new B&S CMM / controller which used a networking cable instead of a serial cable thus increasing the OI of the controller. Anyway, the scanning feature was very nice. They did a demo on some diameters and it took like 2secs. Then again these CMMs are expensive. I think we got a quote of over 100kish.
      I used to be high on life but I built up a tolerance.

Brown & Sharpe Global Advantage
      PCDMIS CAD++ v2011mr2
      PH10MQ/SP600M

sigpic

Comment

Most, if not all machines that utilize an SP600 or SP25 use the ethernet cable.
        sigpic

James Mannes

Comment