Single Touch Interface

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Single Touch Interface

Is anyone familiar with the single touch interface that is packaged with PC-DMIS? It's called STI+.

Thanks

Just started using it about a month ago. It's pretty simple to use but takes a while to get everything set up, especially if you have alot of programs.

Comment

Is there any documentation? Where did you start?

Comment

All the documentation is in the help files, at least all that i know of. I just started messing with it and looking things up as i needed. Do you have it or just thinking about it?

Comment

I have it, but I had to learn by using it as well. I couldn't find a manual of any sorts. You just have to use the help files as said above. It is easy to use, but takes a while to set up.

Comment

I keep getting "application defined/object-defined error.
            I read the help files, typically worthless.
            Can you give me a starting point?

Thanks

Comment

STI was "borrowed" from Sheffield's Measuremax after the aquisition. It is very simple to use although maybe a little time consuming. It is intended for the shop floor or where non-skilled cmm users would be running programs. It is not for for general Lab type of usage.

There are two components - the Menu and the Slideshows

The menu is setup as buttons and submenus with more buttons. You could essentially have unlimited sub menus. Each program button points to a program and a slideshow. The menu is modified with the STI Manager.

The Slideshow is a series of slides or windows that show a Bitmap. You can have as many slides in the slideshow as you want. I have had as many as 25 slides. The slideshow also has icons. The icons show the values of features and usually point to some place on the bitmap. The icons have a direct connection to a feature in the PCDMIS program. I am not sure of how it is connected to PCDMIS but it shouldn't matter to the user. Unfortunately in PCDMIS I think you have to specify the nominals and tolerances. (In MeasureMax, it extracted it directly from the program). The slides are created/edited with the STI Editor.

I hope this helps... where are you getting stuck?
              Last edited by cmmguy; 06-05-2006, 06:42 PM.
              Links to my utilities for PCDMIS

Comment

I'm pretty sure it pulls the nominals and tolerances from the part program in PC-DMIS also - certainly when I saw it run, you didn't need to specify them.

Comment