pcdmis 4.0 worth it or waste of time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pcdmis 4.0 worth it or waste of time

I haven't recieved 4.0 version yet it sound like maybe I need to wait till 4.1 comes out befor updating my software. any advise from any one?
    I am running 3.7++ MR2
    sigpicTHE TASK AHEAD OF YOU, IS NEVER AS GREAT AS THE POWER BEHIND YOU. I Fight for Freedom and Pray For Peace..

There are only a few things that I don't like about it:

1. report editing - takes forever to tweek it into shape

2. amount of resources it needs to run - its a very demanding .exe for midgrade computers

3. .rtf output isn't working when opened in wordpad - only opens in MS-Word

These are the only things that affected me when "testing" it.

I'm told that 4.1 is coming soon

I tested that one briefly and I really like the PPAP report that was added to the reporting section. It is a great example of what can be done with time and patience.
    sigpiccall me "Plum Crazy"....but you only go around once!

Comment

I'm still using 3.7MR1. I am told 4.0 sux so I am waiting for all you brave souls out there to test the next one that comes out

If it works, why change it. Unless you really really need a feature that is only available in the upgrades.
      I used to be high on life but I built up a tolerance.

Brown & Sharpe Global Advantage
      PCDMIS CAD++ v2011mr2
      PH10MQ/SP600M

sigpic

Comment

Gee, and I was told by tech support (way back, on the forum) that the RTF format was used because not everyone had MS-WORD and it could be opened in just about any text editor. Hmmmmmmm.
        sigpic
        Originally posted by AndersI
        I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

Originally posted by Matthew D. Hoedeman
          Gee, and I was told by tech support (way back, on the forum) that the RTF format was used because not everyone had MS-WORD and it could be opened in just about any text editor. Hmmmmmmm.

yes Matt I was surprised too that it didn't work correctly in the 4.0release

Comment

my computer is a Compaq evo pentium 4 2.3 with 1.3meg ram running windows 2000 comuter capability isn't my problem but my I.t. dep is talking about upgrading to windows XP I'm not sure what kind of problems this will cuase. she is not wanting to upgrade she wants to do a complete install laying to waste pcdims leaving me to reinstall I'm not so sure about that.
            sigpicTHE TASK AHEAD OF YOU, IS NEVER AS GREAT AS THE POWER BEHIND YOU. I Fight for Freedom and Pray For Peace..

Comment

Originally posted by why me
              my computer is a Compaq evo pentium 4 2.3 with 1.3meg ram running windows 2000 comuter capability isn't my problem but my I.t. dep is talking about upgrading to windows XP I'm not sure what kind of problems this will cuase. she is not wanting to upgrade she wants to do a complete install laying to waste pcdims leaving me to reinstall I'm not so sure about that.

No problem
              Just open the settings editor and export the settings to a file and directly "copy" the current pcdmis install folder (whatever you called it) and back up both of those items. This is assuming you don't have any other folders outside of your root directory of pcdmis.

reformat/install XP and restore the two previous items in reverse order (pcdmis folder first then open the settings editor and import the settings file)

XP works fine for many users and will soon be the (win2000) with the new Vista coming out around Xmas.

Comment

waste of time.
                Wait for the newer one that is due soon. Unless of course, you want to simply learn some of the newer items...
                kb
                RFS Means Really Fussy Stuff

When all you have is a hammer - everything looks like a nail....
                sigpic

Comment

Yeah, like all the new ways to lose your sanity (he, he, he, he) or how to pull your hair out without leaving any traces of scalp behind.

ANY NO MR version is a broken:
                  a) Head
                  b) Probe
                  c) Machine
                  waiting to happen.

If you do anything or try to do anything with it, MAKE SURE THAT YOUR old version is still on the PC and in working order and that you BACK UP and SAFEGUARD all your programs and probe files BEFORE you try to use it.
                  sigpic
                  Originally posted by AndersI
                  I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment