wav.files

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wav.files

Does anyone know how to insert a wav. file in a program? Seems that I fall asleep before a program is finished running and I need PCDMIS to play a .wav file to wake me up.

3.7 MRII
    Every good flight ends with a great landing!
    PCDMIS CAD ++ 2014, PH10MQ

Same thing happens to me! Let me know if you find out how to do that!

Comment

i think its insert/external object.

Comment

INSERT ~ REPORT COMMAND ~ EXTERNAL OBJECT
        Then choose create from file, then find the WAV file and insert it. You will have to 'double mark' it so that the icon and a small area around the icon shows 'hash' marks.
        sigpic
        Originally posted by AndersI
        I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

Originally posted by Towndogg
          Does anyone know how to insert a wav. file in a program? Seems that I fall asleep before a program is finished running and I need PCDMIS to play a .wav file to wake me up.

3.7 MRII
          You might want to check out this post. This was discussed in some detail there:

http://www.pcdmisforum.com/showthread.php?t=557
          Jared Hess - Techwriter @ WAI
          [View Reporting Tutorials Here]

Comment

I'm not sure what version you are using but I"m using v3.7MR1 and it does not work by just inserting a .WAV file. You have to make a ".BAT" and add "start <path to wave file" into the ".BAT" file.

When you insert external command, choose this ".BAT" file. The "start <path>" command in the ".BAT" file initiates windows to open that file with your default .WAV player (Usually Windows Media). If you don't want Wmplayer to play this file you will have to go into the folder options and change the default program used to open this type of file.

Goodluck.
            I used to be high on life but I built up a tolerance.

Brown & Sharpe Global Advantage
            PCDMIS CAD++ v2011mr2
            PH10MQ/SP600M

sigpic

Comment

Works great! Thanks. Now I can wake up for my breaks.
              Every good flight ends with a great landing!
              PCDMIS CAD ++ 2014, PH10MQ

Comment

http://www.research.att.com/~ttsweb/tts/demo.php this is the site I use to make audio instructional files.
                Badges..... We don't need no stinkin badges.

Comment

(did you get that site from me? I posted it here a long time ago, several times in fact over the years)
                  sigpic
                  I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

Matt- Im not sure where I got that link from, to be quite honest, Ive had it in "my favorites" for years, lol. It is lots of fun to put silly .wav's in the middle of a program and watch operators scramble when the machine talks to them.
                    Badges..... We don't need no stinkin badges.

Comment

Heck, maybe I got it from YOU, oh so many years ago. I have been using it as long as I can remember, I think.
                      sigpic

Comment

I would really like to add a sound to a program, but I am having trouble.

I tried "Insert" | "External Object" | then selected a .WAV file from "Windows NT" > "Pinball".
                        when I ran the program, the sound played just fine, but the program stopped running - I had to click "Continue" for it to resume.

I would like to try the .BAT file option mentioned above, but I wouldn't even know where to start.
                        Can someone help?

Thanks,
                        Keith

Comment

I think you have to choose the "no wait" option.

Read my post about setting up the .bat file.
                          I used to be high on life but I built up a tolerance.

Brown & Sharpe Global Advantage
                          PCDMIS CAD++ v2011mr2
                          PH10MQ/SP600M

sigpic

Comment