Machine Error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Machine Error

FIRST, I WOULD LIKE TO THANK ALL OF YOU FOR ALL THE USEFULL INFO YOU HAVE GIVEN ME IN THE PAST, WITH THE COMBINATION OF ALL OF YOUR EXPERIENCE, YOU GUYS PROVIDE A GREAT SERVICE FOR THOSE OF US WHO HAVE PROBLEMS.

NOW FOR MY NEW PROBLEM I AM RUNNING 4.2 MR1. I AM MEASURING A
    7mm DIA HOLE 40mm DEEP USING A CARBON FIBER STYLUS 50mm LONG WITH A 5mm BALL. I'M RUNNING AN AUTO CIRCLE USING 6 HITS. FOR THE PAST FOUR MONTHS I HAVE HAD ABSOLUTELY NO PROBLEMS MEASURING THIS HOLE WITH THE EXACT SAME STYLUS. OVER THE PAST WEEK WHEN I TRY TO MEASURE THE HOLE THE "EXECUTE MODE OPTIONS" WINDOW GIVES ME A "MACHINE ERROR:" "021, FIRST PARAMETER INVALID"

IF I CHANGE THE DEPTH FROM 40mm TO SAY 10mm THE HOLE MEASURES PERFECTLY.

I HAVE TRIED RE-CALIBRATING THE TIP, THIS DOESN'T HELP. I'VE TRIED USING A FIND HOLE CENTER, THIS DOESN'T HELP. I'VE TRIED CHANGING THE
    PREHIT AND RETRACT DISTANCE, NO GOOD. AFTER THE FIRST HIT I GET THE ERROR. I CAN FORCE MEASURE THE HOLE BY HITTING THE CONTINUE BUTTON FOR EACH HIT AND MY RESULTS WILL ALWAYS LOOK GOOD, ANY IDEAS???? THANKS ALOT

Try to delete the circle, and measure a new auto-circle at the good place... Sometimes, it works, i don't know why !

Comment

I agree, redue the circle. It sounds like somthing could of got changed within the auto feature or deleted by mistake.
      sigpichttp://npmichaels.com/ (My sons book)
      THANKS (CAD IS ALWAYS MASTER)
      4.3 & 4.2MR2/GLOBAL/PH10MQ/WINDOWS XP

Comment

mulligan!
        sigpicV2014mr1

Comment

What machine do you have?
          I had the same error with 4.2mr1 on Sheffield.
          Setting Editor/Sheffield/MADelayAfterErr set to 0 (1 for B&S UMP360 jogbox)
          (Back to 4.1 )
          Last edited by lambo; 06-04-2008, 01:49 PM.

Comment

machine error

WE ARE USING A SHEFFIELD. I TRIED CHANGING THE PARAMETER IN THE SETTINGS EDITOR,YOU SUGGESTED. THIS HAD NO EFFECT. I CHANGED STYLUS TO A 4mm DIA X 5mm LONG, I STILL GET THE ERROR. I'M STUMPED.
            LIKE I SAID, THIS PROBLEM HAS ONLY STARTED OVER THE LAST COUPLE OF WEEKS. FOR THE THREE MONTHS BEFORE THIS THERE WAS NO PROBLEM.

Comment

BY THE WAY THAT SHOULD BE I CHANGED STYLUS TO A 4mm X 50mm LONG!!!

Comment

Originally posted by grandpaal56 View Post
                WE ARE USING A SHEFFIELD. I TRIED CHANGING THE PARAMETER IN THE SETTINGS EDITOR,YOU SUGGESTED. THIS HAD NO EFFECT. I CHANGED STYLUS TO A 4mm DIA X 5mm LONG, I STILL GET THE ERROR. I'M STUMPED.
                LIKE I SAID, THIS PROBLEM HAS ONLY STARTED OVER THE LAST COUPLE OF WEEKS. FOR THE THREE MONTHS BEFORE THIS THERE WAS NO PROBLEM.
                Did you press 'save setting' then 'update registry' ? If you didn't it won't do anything.
                And another thing, what was the setting before you were trying to change it?

Add on:
                If the setting is 1, circular move also would not work on I.D and sphere dia, it works on OD only.
                If have two PC-DMIS versions in your system or improperly installed to replaced older version with 4.2mr1 your setting editor may be corrupted, if that is the case launch setting editor then press 'clear all' to delete all of the entries from the registry, close window and restart computer to reload the entries with their default factory value, relaunch setting editor/Sheffield and update per Sheffield setting work sheet except MADelayAfterErr should be 0, I discovered this error a few months ago and I sent capture bug file to tech. support they may or may not update Sheffield work sheet, make sure you press 'save setting" then 'update registry' for each change, close setting editor window when done.

Launch PC-DMIS, you MUST reset probe mechanical offset.

Personally I don't like 4.2/4.2mr1 too many bugs it does not work well on Sheffield (back to 4.1)
                Last edited by lambo; 06-05-2008, 12:47 PM.

Comment

You also have to have admin rights to change that setting.

To the computer that is.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by grandpaal56 View Post
                    BY THE WAY THAT SHOULD BE I CHANGED STYLUS TO A 4mm X 50mm LONG!!!
                    Yes I think you should, it's best to use 3mm or 2mm for 7mm Ø hole if you can help it. If you are using 5mm make sure you change prehit/retrack to 1mm

Comment

Check your Caps Lock key as well...
                      PC-DMIS CAD++ 2o19 R1 SP11

Comment

And the SCROLL LOCK......
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by djayne View Post
                          You also have to have admin rights to change that setting.
                          Originally posted by vpt.se View Post
                          Check your Caps Lock key as well...
                          And the SCROLL LOCK......
                          With keyboard on or off?

Comment

Originally posted by lambo View Post
                            with Keyboard On Or Off?
                            Yes!
                            sigpic

Comment