• Show
Clear All

• Auto Feature no cad

PHP Code:
    [HTML]Help File[/HTML]
    Without using CAD Data for an Auto Circle
    To generate the circle without the 
    use of CAD data:

Take three hits on the surface to find the plane that the circle is lying in

Take three additional hits in the hole (or on the stud). PC-DMIS calculates the auto circle using all three hits. [COLOR="Blue"]Additional hits can be taken[/COLOR]. PC-DMIS will use the data from all of the measured hits until the Create button is clickedThe XYZ that is displayed is the calculated center of the circle (or stud). 

Make any other modifications to the dialog box and the Contact Path Properties tab of the Probe Toolbox as needed.

Click Create
    "NO cad for part"
    Everything is find if I take three hits in a circle, but if I take four hits the diameter jumps to 20 times as big and the xyz location are all wrong. In Auto Circle I have 3 surface hits marked and 4 circle hits marked. The help file says you can take additional hits. But it will only work with 3 in the hole before you hit Acept. I can not remeber if the earlier versions had this same problem or not. Does everyone else have this same problem or is it a problem just in my software.
    sigpichttp://npmichaels.com/ (My sons book)
    THANKS (CAD IS ALWAYS MASTER)
    4.3 & 4.2MR2/GLOBAL/PH10MQ/WINDOWS XP

Same here. Funny that the helpfile mentions the additional hits, because that didn't even work for the Hexagon tech during the PC-DMIS course... 3 for the surface and 3 for the hole is what works for me.
    PC-DMIS CAD++ 2o19 R1 SP11

Comment

as far as I know, all versions use ONLY the minimum required hits to generate the possible feature you want to make, for all features. Any additional hits would need to be up to you to add by changing the number of hits in the window.

ONE thing that really bothers me about the 'new' way (V3.7 and up) of selecting sample hits is that you have 0,1, or 3 in the drop down, if you want more, you have to edit it in the edit window. Why is it a drop-down, why not just a box for US to type in a value? There are lots of times when I want 4 sample hits around a hole, say one that is on a HUGE radius, 4 samples and 4 touches, the sample are right 'above' the hits, it's your best bet for getting a 'good' average for the depth.
      sigpic
      Originally posted by AndersI
      I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

Originally posted by Matthew D. Hoedeman View Post
        as far as I know, all versions use ONLY the minimum required hits to generate the possible feature you want to make, for all features. Any additional hits would need to be up to you to add by changing the number of hits in the window.

ONE thing that really bothers me about the 'new' way (V3.7 and up) of selecting sample hits is that you have 0,1, or 3 in the drop down, if you want more, you have to edit it in the edit window. Why is it a drop-down, why not just a box for US to type in a value? There are lots of times when I want 4 sample hits around a hole, say one that is on a HUGE radius, 4 samples and 4 touches, the sample are right 'above' the hits, it's your best bet for getting a 'good' average for the depth.
        Mathew, Put your cursor in the box and type in the amount that you want. It works, I just did in 3.7mr3. Make sure the 0 is highlighted.
        sigpic

James Mannes

Comment

Your 3 sample hits gives you your vector and 4 hits in circle gives you location. No problem on my end I program without cad all the time ya cad is nice but honda dont never have it. All my GM jobs are asm. so they of course have it. You need four hits inside circle to get correct size and location. You allways use 3 sample hits made of a triangle this is called a plane. JC
          sigpic
          Jeremy Cavender
          CMM Metrology Engineer
          PC-Dmis 3.2/2010/MR2

Comment

Originally posted by JamesMannes View Post
            Mathew, Put your cursor in the box and type in the amount that you want. It works, I just did in 3.7mr3. Make sure the 0 is highlighted.
            Never noticed that before. THX!

Does it work in V4+ too or not?
            sigpic
            I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

Originally posted by JCLASTOUTLAW View Post
              Your 3 sample hits gives you your vector and 4 hits in circle gives you location. No problem on my end I program without cad all the time ya cad is nice but honda dont never have it. All my GM jobs are asm. so they of course have it. You need four hits inside circle to get correct size and location. You allways use 3 sample hits made of a triangle this is called a plane. JC
              Four hits inside the circle offsets the whole enchilada for me... Three + three works though.

Comment

May I ask why you do not just keyin the location of the circle into the auto feature box? I am not a fan joystick programming and when I program offline from a drawing I just key the features in.
                Xcel & MicroVal Pfx & Global 37mr4 thru 2012mr1sp3
                Contura Calypso 5.4

Lord, keep Your arm around my shoulder and Your hand over my mouth. Amen.

Comment

3 is incorrect it will not give you a correct size or position. You need 3 sample hits and 4 inside circle to get a precision measurement. JC
                  sigpic
                  Jeremy Cavender
                  CMM Metrology Engineer
                  PC-Dmis 3.2/2010/MR2

Comment

Yes DCC is the only way but if you need vectors you must take hits manually sometimes unless your a vector wiz like .707 .707 hahahaha JC
                    sigpic
                    Jeremy Cavender
                    CMM Metrology Engineer
                    PC-Dmis 3.2/2010/MR2

Comment

Originally posted by JCLASTOUTLAW View Post
                      Originally posted by vpt.se View Post
                      Four hits inside the circle offsets the whole enchilada for me... Three + three works though.
                      I think you two are talking about different things.

JC is talking about MEASURING (program running) and you are talking about taking hits to so Pcdmis can 'learn' it in the Auto Features window so that Pcdmis can run it.
                      sigpic

Comment

If the print dont give you a position drive your CMM in the center and hit read measure and it will get you close then type a nominal in and that is what it is. Thats called I make my own print. JC
                        sigpic
                        Jeremy Cavender
                        CMM Metrology Engineer
                        PC-Dmis 3.2/2010/MR2

Comment

Never noticed that before. THX!

Does it work in V4+ too or not?
                          Yeah. Someone mentioned it in a 4.0+ thread that's the only reason I knew it. Gotta be honest.
                          sigpic

James Mannes

Comment

I think you two are talking about different things.

JC is talking about MEASURING (program running) and you are talking about taking hits to so Pcdmis can 'learn' it in the Auto Features window so that Pcdmis can run it.
                            Then I'm with y'all!

Thank you for clearing things up, Matt!

Comment

I told you all I dont like 4.2 !!!! JC I do not believe it does that though must be in your comp. set up. JC
                              sigpic
                              Jeremy Cavender
                              CMM Metrology Engineer
                              PC-Dmis 3.2/2010/MR2

Comment