Assign Input Issue

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Assign Input Issue

    I have a family of parts where only the overall width changes. I use input comments and assignments to solve this issue so I only need one program. However, our ISO requires a setup sheet and the program to have the same revision level as the drawing. For whatever reason the revision levels vary on the prints.

    Any idea how I can resolve this?

    I tried useing assignments in the external command at auto save options but that did not work.

    Thanks in advance,

    Rob
    sigpic
    3.7 MR1
    4.2 MR1
    6 yrs with Metrolog 3 with PCDMIS

  • #2
    Use comment/input/yes to have operators input the part # and revision level every time they start the program. This will get the info on the report that I think you are needing.
    DeWain Hodge

    Comment


    • #3
      I believe v3.7 you can assign these values to tracefields then have them report to your front page via editing the elogo.dat file. You will have to do a search in help. I'm almost certain this is possible but I've been in 4.0+ for awhile :P
      I used to be high on life but I built up a tolerance.

      Brown & Sharpe Global Advantage
      PCDMIS CAD++ v2011mr2
      PH10MQ/SP600M


      sigpic

      Comment


      • #4
        C1 =COMMENT/INPUT,YES,' Part Number'
        C2 =COMMENT/INPUT,YES,' Revision'
        C3 =COMMENT/INPUT,YES,' ADCN'
        C4 =COMMENT/INPUT,YES,'OPCCP/OMPS/OPSP/PDS'
        C5 =COMMENT/INPUT,YES,' W/O'
        C6 =COMMENT/INPUT,YES,' S/N'
        C7 =COMMENT/INPUT,YES,' Part ID'
        sigpichttp://npmichaels.com/ (My sons book)
        THANKS (CAD IS ALWAYS MASTER)
        4.3 & 4.2MR2/GLOBAL/PH10MQ/WINDOWS XP

        Comment


        • #5
          If I remember correctly, v3.7 defaults your Rev at the top left corner. I'm not sure I would want it reporting two revs by using comments. I guess you can delete the REV there and use comments if you want.
          I used to be high on life but I built up a tolerance.

          Brown & Sharpe Global Advantage
          PCDMIS CAD++ v2011mr2
          PH10MQ/SP600M


          sigpic

          Comment


          • #6
            Thanks for the responses,
            My issue is not the input comments for the report but I have to open a setup sheet with the correct rev. level. I tried to use an input for the part number and an assignment within the external command but this did not work


            C6 =COMMENT/INPUT,NO,Enter part number
            ASSIGN/V1 = C6.INPUT

            C1 =COMMENT/YESNO,NO,Do you Wish to See Set Up Sheet?
            IF/C1.INPUT == "YES"
            EXTERNALCOMMAND/DISPLAY ; F:\QC\SETUPSHEETS\V1.BAT
            END_IF/
            LOADPROBE/SM25-1-4X40X1
            sigpic
            3.7 MR1
            4.2 MR1
            6 yrs with Metrolog 3 with PCDMIS

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by blackwater View Post
              Thanks for the responses,
              My issue is not the input comments for the report but I have to open a setup sheet with the correct rev. level. I tried to use an input for the part number and an assignment within the external command but this did not work


              C6 =COMMENT/INPUT,NO,Enter part number
              ASSIGN/V1 = C6.INPUT

              C1 =COMMENT/YESNO,NO,Do you Wish to See Set Up Sheet?
              IF/C1.INPUT == "YES"
              EXTERNALCOMMAND/DISPLAY ; F:\QC\SETUPSHEETS\V1.BAT
              END_IF/
              LOADPROBE/SM25-1-4X40X1


              You need seomething like this -

              TIP/T1A0B0, SHANKIJK=0, 0, 1, ANGLE=0
              CB =COMMENT/INPUT,NO,'Which File (1 or 2)'
              EXTERNALCOMMAND/NO_DISPLAY, NO_WAIT ; "C:\PROGRAM FILES\WAI\PC-DMIS V43R\DON_0"+ CB.INPUT +".BAT"

              Which, in your case, might look like this -

              C6 =COMMENT/INPUT,NO,Enter part number
              ASSIGN/V1 = C6.INPUT
              C1 =COMMENT/YESNO,NO,Do you Wish to See Set Up Sheet?
              IF/C1.INPUT == "YES"
              EXTERNALCOMMAND/DISPLAY ; "F:\QC\SETUPSHEETS\" + V1 + ".BAT"
              END_IF/

              In other words, since you are building a string with concatenations, you need to use quotation marks to identify the fixed strings, and distinguish them from the variable.

              Comment


              • #8
                So the problem is to add the correct revision level to an setupsheet external file?

                This setupsheet, is it a text file or a WORD document?

                Is this what you try to do: if partnumber is XXXX then rev level rrr needs to automatically appear in your setup sheet. So if partnumber = XXXX then revLevel = rrr. Correct? The trick is how to pass rrr into the document. And it will be important to know what the format your setupsheets are in.


                Jan.
                ***************************
                PC-DMIS/NC 2010MR3; 15 December 2010; running on 18 machine tools.
                Romer Infinite; PC-DMIS 2010 MR3; 15 December 2010.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Keep the program that you use now but make copies that are compliant for the auditors when they come around.
                  sigpic GDTPS - 0584

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Don Ruggieri View Post
                    You need seomething like this -

                    TIP/T1A0B0, SHANKIJK=0, 0, 1, ANGLE=0
                    CB =COMMENT/INPUT,NO,'Which File (1 or 2)'
                    EXTERNALCOMMAND/NO_DISPLAY, NO_WAIT ; "C:\PROGRAM FILES\WAI\PC-DMIS V43R\DON_0"+ CB.INPUT +".BAT"

                    Which, in your case, might look like this -

                    C6 =COMMENT/INPUT,NO,Enter part number
                    ASSIGN/V1 = C6.INPUT
                    C1 =COMMENT/YESNO,NO,Do you Wish to See Set Up Sheet?
                    IF/C1.INPUT == "YES"
                    EXTERNALCOMMAND/DISPLAY ; "F:\QC\SETUPSHEETS\" + V1 + ".BAT"
                    END_IF/

                    In other words, since you are building a string with concatenations, you need to use quotation marks to identify the fixed strings, and distinguish them from the variable.
                    C6 =COMMENT/INPUT,NO,'Enter part number' (\2013035) This is what I have to input to make this work. \ this slash has to be part of the input ASSIGN/V1 = C6.INPUT
                    C1 =COMMENT/YESNO,NO,Do you Wish to See Set Up Sheet?
                    IF/C1.INPUT == "YES"
                    EXTERNALCOMMAND/DISPLAY ; "G:\QC\SETUPSHEETS" + V1 + ".BAT"
                    END_IF/


                    Thanks this works great.

                    Now can I write a similar scipt within the auto Print\Save so this will save to the proper folder
                    sigpic
                    3.7 MR1
                    4.2 MR1
                    6 yrs with Metrolog 3 with PCDMIS

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Don Ruggieri View Post
                      You need seomething like this -

                      TIP/T1A0B0, SHANKIJK=0, 0, 1, ANGLE=0
                      CB =COMMENT/INPUT,NO,'Which File (1 or 2)'
                      EXTERNALCOMMAND/NO_DISPLAY, NO_WAIT ; "C:\PROGRAM FILES\WAI\PC-DMIS V43R\DON_0"+ CB.INPUT +".BAT"

                      Which, in your case, might look like this -

                      C6 =COMMENT/INPUT,NO,Enter part number
                      ASSIGN/V1 = C6.INPUT
                      C1 =COMMENT/YESNO,NO,Do you Wish to See Set Up Sheet?
                      IF/C1.INPUT == "YES"
                      EXTERNALCOMMAND/DISPLAY ; "F:\QC\SETUPSHEETS\" + V1 + ".BAT"
                      END_IF/
                      C6 =COMMENT/INPUT,NO,'Enter part number'
                      ASSIGN/V1 = "\\" + C6.INPUT
                      C1 =COMMENT/YESNO,NO,Do you Wish to See Set Up Sheet?
                      IF/C1.INPUT == "YES"
                      EXTERNALCOMMAND/DISPLAY ; "G:\QC\SETUPSHEETS" + V1 + ".BAT"
                      END_IF/
                      In other words, since you are building a string with concatenations, you need to use quotation marks to identify the fixed strings, and distinguish them from the variable.

                      Look at the assignment this works better
                      sigpic
                      3.7 MR1
                      4.2 MR1
                      6 yrs with Metrolog 3 with PCDMIS

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Jan d. View Post
                        So the problem is to add the correct revision level to an setupsheet external file?

                        This setupsheet, is it a text file or a WORD document?

                        Is this what you try to do: if partnumber is XXXX then rev level rrr needs to automatically appear in your setup sheet. So if partnumber = XXXX then revLevel = rrr. Correct? The trick is how to pass rrr into the document. And it will be important to know what the format your setupsheets are in.


                        Jan.
                        The problem is to confirm that the setup sheet for the CMM program has the same rev.# as the print in hand and the CMM program. Since this program is not named as the part # rather the drawing name I will use this script to search for the proper setup sheet.
                        sigpic
                        3.7 MR1
                        4.2 MR1
                        6 yrs with Metrolog 3 with PCDMIS

                        Comment

                        Related Topics

                        Collapse

                        Working...
                        X