Getting data from PCDMIS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting data from PCDMIS

I am looking for a breakdown of how PCDMIS handles data output from a part (probed data).
    From the many posts in this forum that I have read; I get the impression one must retrieve data from PCDMIS via macros or VB/VBA code!?

Is there any method to get a "text delimited" or "csv" file output of reported data?
    Or can the "printed" report be saved as a "text delimited" file or as a text file as WYSIWYG?

All help is appreciated!

I write my data to text files a lot, small example of comma delimited (delimit as you choose):

Code:
    FPTR       =FILE/OPEN,C:\DATA COLLECTION\6203-13-341 MAZAK (1).TXT,APPEND
                FILE/WRITELINE,FPTR,CIR1.D + "," + CIR2.D
                FILE/CLOSE,FPTR
    This found in file I/O.
    <internet bumper sticker goes here>

Comment

Is the file write required for each segment (line?) of data? Or can the entire report be sent to a file?

Comment

Unfortunately you would have to write an output for each DIM.
        Links to my utilities for PCDMIS

Comment

Write line will write a line of data, you specify what is in the line. It adds a carriage return and line feed at the end. You must pecify (hard code) what gets sent it does not send a report, just what you tell it to. In my example I am sending the diameter of circle 1 (we'll say it is 1.125) and a comma and the diameter of circle 2 (we'll say is 1.312) so your text file will have:

Make sure you use append of it will overwrite.
          <internet bumper sticker goes here>

Comment

You could export the results as a generic txt file, but that will send everything in the report....
            sigpic.....Its called golf because all the other 4 letter words were taken

Comment

Can you loop a routine and dump the contents of a variable array ?
              I used to do that all the time years ago into a format ready for a spreadsheet, and I'd love to do it with PC-DMIS.

This must be a silly question. With the right code, nearly anything must be possible.
              Last edited by Robert Masters; 12-05-2007, 08:55 AM.
              sigpic

Comment

You can also capture the XSTATS11.TMP file. It automatically includes EVERY dimension that you send to stats. That is a readable txt file. Unfortunately, this will also gives you everything, except some of the XactMeasure GD&T (like second line FCF stuff).

Jan.
                PC-DMIS/NC 2010MR3; 15 December 2010; running on 18 machine tools.
                Romer Infinite; PC-DMIS 2010 MR3; 15 December 2010.

Comment

Originally posted by Jan d. View Post
                  You can also capture the XSTATS11.TMP file. It automatically includes EVERY dimension that you send to stats. That is a readable txt file. Unfortunately, this will also gives you everything, except some of the XactMeasure GD&T (like second line FCF stuff).

Jan.
                  You can only do that if you have STATS output, I think if you have the CAD or ++ versions that is included but other lessor versions dont have STATS output and it has to be purchased separately.
                  Links to my utilities for PCDMIS

Comment

I'm trying to get PC-DMIS to output an xstats11.tmp file without Datapage. I'm using V3.7 MR1 CAD++. I can output the file WITH Datapage. I can't seem to get one created WITHOUT Datapage. How do I need to set up the STATS?
                    :eek:You can see a lot just by looking.:rolleyes:

Comment

Everything works now, except I'm getting an "Error 127. Database files do not exist in the selected directory." I'm capturing the stats from the xstats11.tmp file and shipping them to an SPC server in France. The only issue is that now the operators are having to click pas this error to end the program. Anybody got an auto-clicker script?
                      :eek:You can see a lot just by looking.:rolleyes:

Comment

Is something trying to open the xstats11.tmp file or what exactly is generating the 127 error?
                        PC-DMIS CAD++ 2o19 R1 SP9

Comment